Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor iPhone Bill

Options
  • 25-10-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭

Right well basically i took out the iPhone 4 package they were offering a week ago which was the 16 GB iPhone 4 , 400 mins & texts , free Meteor to Meteor & 5GB internet for €60 a month.

Before i took out the contract i went and asked around to see if their iPhone 4S bill deal would be higher and was told yes the iPhone 4S package will be alot dearer and include having to pay for the phone and not getting it for free like the 4, I even consulted a store manager in another shop just to confirm what i was told which in turn he said yes that was correct.

I just found out that meteor are offering the same package i took out but with the 4S instead of the 4 for the same price. Im after emailing meteor about this as im very disappointed :/

Do yous think i have a leg to stand on considering i only took the contract out last week and have been with them for over 10 years ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ASOT wrote: »
    Right well basically i took out the iPhone 4 package they were offering a week ago which was the 16 GB iPhone 4 , 400 mins & texts , free Meteor to Meteor & 5GB internet for €60 a month.

Before i took out the contract i went and asked around to see if their iPhone 4S bill deal would be higher and was told yes the iPhone 4S package will be alot dearer and include having to pay for the phone and not getting it for free like the 4, I even consulted a store manager in another shop just to confirm what i was told which in turn he said yes that was correct.

I just found out that meteor are offering the same package i took out but with the 4S instead of the 4 for the same price. Im after emailing meteor about this as im very disappointed :/

Do yous think i have a leg to stand on considering i only took the contract out last week and have been with them for over 10 years ??

Looks like they have 14 days return policy but not sure if it's only for online orders or all orders, have a read Returns Policy or of they cover that you change your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The 4S is not available yet, which is why they didn't offer it to you last week. It's now available to pre order, but won't ship until the weekend.

The returns policy is your only hope, but there are normally strict terms attached to these. Normally one of those will be that the phone cannot be opened or used. Maybe it's not that, but you should try to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

jor el wrote: »
    The 4S is not available yet, which is why they didn't offer it to you last week. It's now available to pre order, but won't ship until the weekend.

The returns policy is your only hope, but there are normally strict terms attached to these. Normally one of those will be that the phone cannot be opened or used. Maybe it's not that, but you should try to find out.

The thing is though why did the staff tell me the pricing would be different ? I knew they wernt going to offer it to be but i asked the price so i could decide wether i was going to wait or not, which in turn if i was told the truth would have waited.

I emailed them anyway hopefully they can sort something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

The thing is though why did the staff tell me the pricing would be different ? I knew they wernt going to offer it to be but i asked the price so i could decide wether i was going to wait or not, which in turn if i was told the truth would have waited.

I emailed them anyway hopefully they can sort something.

Never trust a sales person. They just wanted to get another customer signed up to a contract that day. And I know, I work in sales :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Never trust a sales person. They just wanted to get another customer signed up to a contract that day. And I know, I work in sales :P

Unfortunately your right :P Ah well sure i can only see what they say anyway, Most likely nothing but anythings possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You say you got your deal for €60, but according to their website the 4S deal is €65, so the price is different.
    Scratch that, the 32GB is €65 a month, not the 16GB.

Also, get everything in writing before you make a costly decision like this. And as mentioned, sales people will usually say anything to make the sale, and often don't know all the facts anyway. It could be that they were not told what the new pricing would be, or that they were given false information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

OP

If you need to return your phone, you have 14 days to return it to us for a full refund. If you find that your phone is faulty you have 28 days to return it for a refund or exchange either using our online returns below or to one of our Meteor stores.

If you need to return your order simply follow the instructions below

Fill in our online store returns form
    Choose whether you would like to return or replace your purchase.
    We will send a postage paid addressed envelope to your address.
    Return your order in its original packaging along with your delivery docket.
    If you’re returning your order due to a fault within 28 days, you can indicate whether you require a refund or a replacement. We are unable to offer refunds on phones that have been physically damaged

For Bill Pay orders please note that if you wish to cancel your order you should call us on 1800 777 085.

http://www.meteor.ie/support/onlinestorefaqs/

a word of advice

Send your phone back via registered/insured post

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

nava wrote: »
    Looks like they have 14 days return policy but not sure if it's only for online orders or all orders, have a read Returns Policy or of they cover that you change your mind.

14 days return doesn't apply to iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's quite possible that the salesmen told you the truth, as far as they know. Pricing details may not have been available at the time.

Advertisement