Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Hubs

Options
  • 25-10-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi there,

I am looking for wireless broadband in my house, but for the moment I am stuck because UPC dont service me area.

So I have been looking into getting a prepay wifi hub, from 3, emoblie or meteor. UPC say they will be in my area in a month so I don't want to sign up for any contracts.

Has anyone any experience with these or recommendations on the best one?

They all seem pretty much the same apart from 3 which seems faster but more expensive.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It all boils down to how has the best if any 3G coverage in your house. Have you a 3G capable phone, do a network search and see what 3G networks appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Art_Wise

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have an iphone 4 and the coverage is perfect. I never have a problem with my internet on it. It's Dublin 2 that I am in, UPC just can't get here yet.

I just need something to connect my laptop and desktop too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Is there an app you can download for the iphone that lets you use it as a wirless access point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Is there an app you can download for the iphone that lets you use it as a wirless access point

If it's an Iphone 4 it should have the wireless hotspot built into the phone.

Thanks for your replies. I do have a hotspot function on my phone but will it not cost me a fortune going through it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Red Harvest

Art_Wise wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I do have a hotspot function on my phone but will it not cost me a fortune going through it?

What network you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

depends your network and data plan

check your data limits out

I'm on o2 billpay at the moment, but I am considering changing. I don't have a contract with them so I am free to leave.

Advertisement