Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats happened to our dog??

• 25-10-2011 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

So the bangers and fireworks started in our estate and surrounding area end of September. It was mostly bangers and some were quite close and very loud. It scared the crap out of our dog collie/akita mix 4yrs, who is not used to noises like this, we just moved into town had been living in county side up till now. We kept her inside when they were going off and let her stay inside the house if we were going out.

The last 2 weeks have been ok for bangers not many going off if any. But she is still so scared of every little noise and totally refuses to go out the back garden. When she does go out she will sit at the back door and cry and cry. She has her own big dog shed outside and has never had a problem being out before and never cried the way she is now. She is also very whiny now in the house and generally skittish and not the same dog. At night when we go to bed she sits at the bottom of the stairs and cries. She has never been allowed upstairs and she never had a problem with it before

I think its that she is still just scared? or could it be something else? What can we do to help her? Its horrible to see her act like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

Poor thing is scared of the noise, you can get a product like Kalm Aid down at the vets, its like rescue remedy for humans, should help i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks Holly we were thinking about something like this as she is also very very hyper when we return home from being out shes always been like this, apart from this she is very well trained. I'm due baby in January so its something we were thinking of for then too. Unless anyone can suggest ways to have her be more calm when we come into the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

There was a thread on here recently about something similar and a poster highly recommended those DAP sprays and collars, also there are things called Thundershirts based on the Tellington Touch method for anxious/nervous dogs, you should google them, I'll try and find that other thread

Advertisement