Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 Launch Problem

Options
  • 25-10-2011 4:01pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I used the IP trick yesterday to pass the date-check and then removed the IP proxy details.

I launched BF3 from Origin which opened Battlelog in Chrome which then download a small Battlelog update.

When I click on either QuickMatch or Campaign the mouse cursor suggests that the game is loading. My state in Origin changes to 'Playing Limited Edition BF3" and I can see a BF3.exe process is taskmanager. The Battlelog suggests that it is loading a game but after about 30 seconds my state in Origin changes back and the bf3.exe process disappears from taskmanager. Battlelog continues to say that it is loading the game.

I had no problems with the beta and haven't changed anything since.

I don't think that this has anything to do with the early unlocking and I'll have the same issue on the official day (27th for me).

When I replace the original BF3.exe file I get the date-check screen as before.

Anyone see anything similar or have any ideas ?

Comments

The only issue that I had was that my Graphics Driver wasn't up to date and I got a prompt suggesting I go and do this. If yours is not up to date it might be an idea.

Beyond that - you are unlikely to get much help here until Friday if this is an actual bug or an issue, maybe look for a US Battlefield Forum and see if anyone who is legitimately playing is having this issue.

Can't think of anything else - hope you get it sorted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I had that issue in Beta and currently have that problem on my laptop ONLY, which is using older Nvidia drivers. So try update your GPU drivers I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Would be best if you just waited for your copy of the game to arrive to play it imo. I ain't going to try that IP thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Would be best if you just waited for your copy of the game to arrive to play it imo. I ain't going to try that IP thing.

I can't see how that would have anything to do with it. I'd rather get it sorted now rather than having to contact EA support along with thousands more this Thursday.

Once you pass the IP date check you get a modified .exe

This I checked with other people's bf3.exe to make sure it was the same file
    (checksum).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

try this:
    1) Goto the folder where Origin installed BF3 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield 3\ Battlefield 3™) (thats where mine was installed)

2) Rename the Battlefield 3™ folder to Battlefield 3 - (removing ™)

3)Start regedit , browse to the following key :

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\EA Games
    Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield 3\ Battlefield 3 - again removing ™

and it will launch fine

Note: when you rename the folder and edit the registry You have to make sure Origin is not running.

Enjoy and checkout my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xD3S1x [youtube.com]

it was on the battlelog forum and was stickied in a thread called "game not launching?"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I woke up this morning after having dreamt the solution which was exactly what you posted.

I live in France and Origin downloaded the French version of the game which is *exactly* the same as every other version except the install directory is not "Battlefield 3" but "édition limited Battlefield 3"

It turns out that the accent on the é was preventing the game from running.

Looks like EA Support is going to get a LOT of calls from mainland Europe tomorrow....

Ponster wrote: »
    I woke up this morning after having dreamt the solution which was exactly what you posted.

I live in France and Origin downloaded the French version of the game which is *exactly* the same as every other version except the install directory is not "Battlefield 3" but "édition limited Battlefield 3"

It turns out that the accent on the é was preventing the game from running.

Looks like EA Support is going to get a LOT of calls from mainland Europe tomorrow....

Lol - they are.

Glad you got sorted!

Advertisement