Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Pinscher

• 25-10-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any breeders of German Pinschers in Ireland? I've googled and haven't had much luck, none on Donedeal or advertised anywhere I have looked.

Almost bought a Minpin a while back, but I'm kinda glad I didn't as with hindsight, I think it would have been too small and too much of a house dog to partner with our current dog.

The German Pinscher looks like he would fit the bill perfectly, if I can find one on the island!

If I wasnt able to find one in Ireland, what are the regs regarding to importing one from the UK/Europe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Dont know of any breeders myself in Ireland so you might have to source one from the UK or Europe. Whatever you do, do not buy one from donedeal!!

Thats one bit of advice for you, do not look to donedeal for a good pedigree dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks Andreac!

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 robanne

Hi
    I have been a fan of the dogs for a while and just to let you know the breed is quiet rare and I have never come across a breeder in Ireland. I was in Crufts this year and had a good look and they are a very handsome dog. I would love to get one and would recommend that you check out the UK kennel club website. They have an accredited breeder scheme. Donedeal is a disaster. I also have a Hungarian Vizsla but he is my second. The last one I had died at 11 mths from a kidney disease. Unfortunately there is no facility here like the UK Kennel club accrediated scheme in Ireland and you will find it very hard to convince a breeder to sell you a dog when they know you are from Ireland. You only have to look at Done deal to see the way dogs are sold here. You dont know who you are buying from and what their reputation or esperience is like.

They arent cheap. You are looking at around 600 sterling. I would love to get one and will no doubt be looking in the new year. Have my hands full with new vizsla....good luck with finding a breeder here.....Anyway as suggested start in the UK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Is this what you are looking for?

https://sites.google.com/site/turlabreddobermanns/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

get in touch with the irish kennel club, they should tell you if their is breeders here or if you have to go abroad

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »

No, thats a Dobermann, the op is looking for a German Pinscher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

andreac wrote: »
    No, thats a Dobermann, the op is looking for a German Pinscher.

Oh sorry i gave wrong link.Op they are not there:) Actually i was thinking miniature ones aswell.
    I have actually only seen one of them ever in Ireland.

Odd they arent here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

http://www.germanpinschers.co.uk/

They look like good breeders, I will prob give them a call and discuss. Its a pity they would be reluctant to sell to me because I'm from Ireland :-/ Are there restrictions/Regulations attached to importing a dog from the UK?

Price wouldn't matter THAT much, especially when we nearly paid 550/600 for a Minpin, with the German pinscher you are getting a lot more dog for ur buck IMO, it would also suit our lifestyle better being a bit larger and more rough and tumble (Our current dog is a large Hound/Beagle type).

I wonder why they are so rare here, they are a stunning dog and from what i read, great and versatile pets...

You wont be importing a dog, you will just eb buying one from the UK, its very diff than buying one from Europe. There are no restrictions between Ireland and the UK and you can travel freely.

You will just have to get the dog reg with the IKC if you want as it will only be KC registered.

Make sure the breeder health tests before considering buying a pup from them.

Advertisement