Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not permitted to post in a thread

• 25-10-2011 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Seeing as this has been ignored in the help desk for 5 days while the cmod of the category has responded to other issues here I'm reposting this thread here.

I'm no longer permitted to post in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056423017

because the moderator says I have no hope of convincing the people who disagree with me and as such is no longer a discussion and because of that it was getting a bit personal and two other posters as well as myself were directed to stop posting.

I have pm'd the mod and he directed me here to dispute it if I wished.

Now I realise that the interaction between me and two other posters had begun to get strained, it got personal with one of them (also not permitted to post). The other person who cannot post was of my viewpoint.

Basically myself and maybe two or threw other posters disagreed with the rest, a poll indicated we were in the minority by about 190 votes out of a poll of 250ish. In banning me and the other guy from the thread the mod has banned 99% of the active people posting on that viewpoint.

I had posted in that thread from early on and had a great number of civilised discussions with a lot of people. But just as the previous thread starting here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...420372&page=41

Which was locked certain posters were not so much explaining and discussing as they were creating tension and attacking. It was locked and not dealt with other than one infraction was given to the poster who in my opinion trolled the thread to turn it into what it did. And is involved in why I am no longer permitted to post in this one now.

Back to the thread at hand, some outrageous statements were made about posters regard for player safety were made, I reacted to those in a non abusive way and another poster jumped on it to throw a few digs at me as he did so often in the previous thread.

Whether or not I can convince anyone of my view or not is irrelevant here, I am still entitled to offer my opinion and counter posts I disagree with. I dont understand why I am no longer permitted to post while others who have not even attempted to discuss it reasonably are, or why I am lumped in with a poster who targeted me for reactions and degenerated the discussion to what it became.

To summarise the first thread descended into chaos because of certain posters and was locked with their transgressions ignored. And now they resurface in this one despite the thread being discussed reasonably before that and it decended again. Yet it all falls back on me and the opposing view is quashed because I cannot convince people who dont want to be convinced and would rather argue for the sake of it rather than leave me talk to the people who do want to hear what I have to say.

I'd like to question whether this modding is fair and why the posts in the previous thread have not been dealt with.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

MungBean wrote: »
    Seeing as this has been ignored in the help desk for 5 days while the cmod of the category has responded to other issues here I'm reposting this thread here.
    Cmods don't all generally monitor the helpdesk forum.
    Did you PM either of us?
    I have pm'd the mod and he directed me here to dispute it if I wished.
    Er, then why post in the helpdesk forum? :confused:
    I'd like to question whether this modding is fair and why the posts in the previous thread have not been dealt with.
    Okay, we'll look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Sparks wrote: »
    Cmods don't all generally monitor the helpdesk forum.
    Did you PM either of us?

I didnt realise I had to pm anyone, I asked several times in help desk how the issue would be dealt with as Spear said it wasnt a DRP issue. I asked 4 days ago what the next step was and whether I should wait to be contacted. If Spear or anyone else who seen it or whoever approved mu posts in that thread had of just said "pm the cmod" I'd have done it.

Er, then why post in the helpdesk forum? :confused:

I meant to post in the DRP forum but mistakenly put it in help desk, when I realised it and asked for it to be moved Spear said it wasnt a DRP issue and as such wouldnt be moved.

Okay, we'll look into it.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,539 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And this still doesn't fall under the DRP, and is being closed as such. You can still be answered on your pre-existing thread in the Helpdesk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement