Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinpoint F3 - €69.00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

should have stuck this in bargain alerts!

trolololol

one of the articles i read, quoted Seagate CEO or some high up as saying that it will take 6 months to have production and manufacturing back to old levels.
    if prices are affected for that long though i imagine SSD's will see massive increases in sales. happy days :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

DermotOH wrote: »
    Any idea of when we will see a reduced price again?

It was 99€ earlier, so the trend is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    should have stuck this in bargain alerts!

trolololol

one of the articles i read, quoted Seagate CEO or some high up as saying that it will take 6 months to have production and manufacturing back to old levels.
    if prices are affected for that long though i imagine SSD's will see massive increases in sales. happy days :P
    There would be a 'significant impact," Seagate said, and it expected this to last over multiple quarters.

More like a year

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

What would be the best HDD to use for backup. See a few 2tb drives for around the Eur70-80 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

DermotOH wrote: »
    What's even better is that the 1.5tb is now cheaper than it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Serious question: If I were to crack open a WD 1TB Elements External HDD (Looks to be 3.5"), what sort of harddrive would I find, and can it be connected directly via SATA? Or would I just irreparably damage it?

Edit: She's a WD 1TB Green, with SATA connectors. Happy days, money in pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Ordered a WD 2TB for £69 there on Amazon, seems mad because I paid £55 for a similar drive from them a few months ago.

I don't really need it now but i'll want one around Xmas and didn't want to take the chance of prices being even higher then. It won't ship for 3-5 weeks anyhow (probably even longer) but at least i've frozen the price by getting the order in.

Up to €85 now. I got mine almost 4 years ago for about €110, wont be long until it overtakes that at this rate.

Bad time for me to be running out of space...

Amazon can and will cancel if they want to. there is no set price you pay.

I once ordered 2x 120gb SDDs for €40. if only that snuck under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

Jesus christ. That would have been bargain of the year.

• Advertisement

yea I got overly excited too cause it was processing my order for 2 days or something. I was actually starting to believe it was shipping :(

the screen cap is somewhere in this forum actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Blowfish wrote: »
    Up to €85 now. I got mine almost 4 years ago for about €110, wont be long until it overtakes that at this rate.

You and me both. I got my 2TB drives for €108 each from Dabs I believe, so I suppose I could still order two more, given that they're still cheaper than what I paid, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Been holding out for 2TB HDD prices to come down, guess that was a mistake :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

They cancel when there is a misprice.

They don't cancel if you order something and it has gone up a few quid by the time it is in stock. If the original price was correct (not a mistake) then that's what they charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

mcgovern wrote: »
    Been holding out for 2TB HDD prices to come down, guess that was a mistake :(

Same here. Eur75 looks good now! Picked up an 1tb F3 on adverts yesterday for Eur30 so that will do me for a while

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I convinced my girlfriend to get an F3 1TB and an F4 2TB a couple of weeks ago instead of buying externals. When I told her what the prices were now she was like :eek:

Blowfish wrote: »

Unbelievable, I didn't think the above would be true quite this fast, it's up to €119 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

€99 now...

Actually, it seems there's 2 versions with the same model number, €99 and €119.

[edit] My mistake, one is the Enterprise version.

Advertisement