Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate Automation Job

Options
  • 25-10-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I'm in the process of fitting a DEA automation kit to steel gates(overground articulated arms) .
    When the house was being built some years ago I told the electrician to leave out cabling going from the house to the gates.
    After investigating the cabling thats surfacing out at the gate piers, its seems to be two runs of SWA 1.5 with 4 cores in each. There's definitely no poly poly there.
    As far as I know the motors are 300 watt each.
    What I'm wondering is will one of these cables do the motors and the other do an intercom back in the house? It could be a bit of a gamble with interference etc but would save a hell of alot of hassle if I could get away with it. Its only about a 30m stretch from house to gates.
    To be honest I probably need someone to wire the control box to motors and intercom, also the safety motion sensors so if your interested in the job PM me.
    I'm 10 mins from Drogheda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

Your cables will do fine.I installed electric gates for years and still do and we used swa for our intercoms before we started using polypoly never had any trouble.Sorry Drogheda is a little bit to far for me:)

Advertisement