Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos Of The Floods In Dublin October 2011

• 25-10-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

OP's pic embedded :

u18z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Actually, OP, just saw this on the journal, credited to a "Keelin Murphy". Are you Keelin Murphy? Or did you take the above shot ?

http://www.thejournal.ie/what-the-fliuch-coffins-exposed-as-cemetery-wall-subsides-in-howth-dublin-263275-Oct2011

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

you should of went to the local paper with that its worth a few bob scary my is dad buried there,the second coffin is not buried that deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ap1986 wrote: »
    i didnt take it i got it off the web.Some damage alright

got it off the web .... ahem... you took it from another place online ....so you did take it.

Copyright theft is a huge issue around here - maybe you should learn what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

PCPhoto wrote: »
    got it off the web .... ahem... you took it from another place online ....so you did take it.

Copyright theft is a huge issue around here - maybe you should learn what it means.

i was honest and said i didnt take it.read the texts.simples

• Advertisement

you didn't take the original image .... but taking the image from another online place and posting it online without the permission of the original photographer is known as COPYRIGHT THEFT !

please read up about copyright with respect to photographers - essentially when a photographer captures an image this is his/her property it is their copyright and no-one is allowed to reproduce/print/re-post the image without the permission of the photographer.

(there are exceptions to the rules but mainly for editorial usage - ie. newspapers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

Does this mean this thread has to close because we can't put photos up unless we took them?

Or can we just say where we got them? Like I found this on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzLwz37nLiQ

Does this mean this thread has to close because we can't put photos up unless we took them?

Or can we just say where we got them? Like I found this on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzLwz37nLiQ

did you READ the message that was posted under the video ?
    Uploaded by seangrennan on Oct 24, 2011
    **I've had a lot of emails and tweets about news companies wanting permission to use this video. Contact me on
    seangren@gmail.com
    Thanks**
    This happened on the 27 bus going through Dolphin's Barn. The driver was absolutely brilliant and decided to brave it. Cut at least a half an hour off the journey.
    The video has been shown on the Sky News iPad app, the RTE Daily Show, spoken about on the Ray Darcy Today FM Show and has been shown by the BBC.
    Can't believe how popular this has gotten!

for anyone that still does not understand ... if you did not take the photo/video you do not have the right to post it anywhere it is the property of the person who took it.

Sometimes the person is willing to allow it to be used on TV or in a newspaper or on a facebook page or blog - BUT - sometimes they do not want the images used without their permission or want payment for usage.....and to use it without their permission is COPYRIGHT THEFT !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What about pictures that are posted on Facebook or you tube without a note underneath asking to contact the owner etc?

Just curious as a few times you see newspapers using photographs from people Facebook page in their articles? Ie. a story about mr. X, they then take a profile pic from mr. X's Facebook page.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    did you READ the message that was posted under the video ?

for anyone that still does not understand ... if you did not take the photo/video you do not have the right to post it anywhere it is the property of the person who took it.

Sometimes the person is willing to allow it to be used on TV or in a newspaper or on a facebook page or blog - BUT - sometimes they do not want the images used without their permission or want payment for usage.....and to use it without their permission is COPYRIGHT THEFT !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Shame this thread doesn't actually feature pictures of the flooding.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement