Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't women drink beer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

They're mad for wine or so it appears, do they have no taste!?

You don't know any girls obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

Beer belly is not a look most women are after.

I like Guinness but some people find that curious

Although, I have a slight bias against men drinking beer from bottles - are they afraid they will be date-raped?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I live in London and all of the girls here uniformly seem to drink wine. You never see girls with pints of beer (I'm sure you do but it's not as common as back in Ireland).
    On the flipside, men here are big effeminate homo types that roll up their trousers and don't wear socks etc, so whenever I fancy drinking a glass of red wine in a bar, I still look 200 times harder than the rest of the "men" around here!
    If I was to ask for a glass of shiraz in my local back home I'd be tarred and feathered, rightly so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

hondasam wrote: »
    You don't know any girls obviously.

I know of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

biko wrote: »
    An English girl taught me the Tennent mixer.
    Get a pint glass half full with Tennents Lager, then get a bottle of Tennets Super and pour in.
    Drink fast, get wasted.

Eww Tennents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Nothing shouts out ''Minger'' more than a girl drinking a pint

nothing shouts of 'tool' more than a lad who bases attraction on something so superficial.

to answer the OP, I think the people that don't drink beer probably mostly don't because they don't like the taste. that's my reason anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

A cold beer is lovely on a hot summers day, but I'd still rather a glass of white wine.
    If I do drink beer, which I would the odd time, its out of a bottle and never a pint glass-something about a girl + a pint glass looks and feels wrong to me. That, and I'd never drink a whole pint before it turned warm and gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

Beer is yucky and wine tastes like vinegar!

Spirits ftw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I know loads of women who drink beer, mostly from bottles but a few drink pints. Women drinking pints of Guinness is more rare id say but you do see it.

nothing shouts of 'tool' more than a lad who bases attraction on something so superficial.

to answer the OP, I think the people that don't drink beer probably mostly don't because they don't like the taste. that's my reason anyway.

Nothing shouts out ''lol'' than people taking things seriously on After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Most women like beer! Just not pints, can never finish them before they taste all warm!

Plenty of girls I know are Corona drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

But beer is horrible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I hate wine. I only ever drink pints of cider, through a pink straw mind 'cause I'm a fcuking lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Ah yea sure its a recession and all that.

Get your coat! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

For a start they are all horraible. I know a lot of people like the taste somehow but s lot drink it even if they think it is piss. Screw that, I want to drink something I like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I love beer. It's fcking annoying when men pester me on my drink of choice (Guinness). Yes, I drink Guinness. Get over it. Light beer is total crap. If I'm going to drink wine, I'll buy a bottle and drink it at home for the price of what a glass would have cost me in a restaurant. If I'm drinking spirits it's because I want to get sloshed.

are you sure your a woman?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

For a start they are all horraible. I know a lot of people like the taste somehow but s lot drink it even if they think it is piss. Screw that, I want to drink something I like

I think guys fall victim to this more-I know so many guys who would love to be able to drink a vodka+west coast cooler / cocktails etc but dont because they're 'girly drinks' and would get the piss ripped out of them down the pub.

My boyfriend got called a snob for sharing a bottle of wine with me down the pub-its weird how much judgement is cast on people for what they drink, but everyone does it subconciously or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

are you sure your a woman?:confused:
    Defo a woman, i find women get more tanked up these days then men.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Plenty of girls I know are Corona drinkers.

Are we still talking about beer here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Azureus wrote: »
    I think guys fall victim to this more-I know so many guys who would love to be able to drink a vodka+west coast cooler / cocktails etc but dont because they're 'girly drinks' and would get the piss ripped out of them down the pub.

My boyfriend got called a snob for sharing a bottle of wine with me down the pub-its weird how much judgement is cast on people for what they drink, but everyone does it subconciously or not.

I often see people think they are more 'manly' for drinking beer, or even for drinking it when they hate it. Yeah real clever. Just stupid. I would hear people say things about people getting wine a lot, but whatever. My new favourite drink is red wine and coke. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

For a start they are all horraible.

tasted em all, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I like women who drink pints of beer or cider. It obviously means they're well up for anything. :pac:

Parsley wrote: »
    tasted em all, have you?

I'd say a hundred of them! No matter what I try it's all muck. Even that 11e bottle of chocolate beer :p My father worked for a drinks company when I was growing up, we must have had 1000s of cans/bottles in our garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

When I am at home I drink wine and when I go to the pub I drink pints of Coors Lite with a lemon. I would drink wine in the pub but its too expensive so I have to sacrifice my classiness if I want to go out. I can deal with that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I'd say a hundred of them! No matter what I try it's all muck. Even that 11e bottle of chocolate beer :p My father worked for a drinks company when I was growing up, we must have had 1000s of cans/bottles in our garage.

ah. well the problem lies between your tongue and your brain, not in the beer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

They're mad for wine or so it appears, do they have no taste!?
    They do until they get married. That applies to most of the good things. Until they get married....

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

I'll drink anything depending on my mood. I'm generally not that fussy.

Certain drinks suit certain times/occasions

Friday night - beers
    Saturday night out - beers & mojitos
    Saturday night in - wine
    Sunny afternoon - cider
    Sunny evening - gin and tonic
    Pub with Dad on Sunday afternoon - guinness
    Christmas - as much champagne as my budget allows
    Cold evening after a walk on the beach - whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

beer is muck to me but I dont find that women dont drink it, most I know would. And I can't say I've ever been judged for drinking beer/a pint either so I think those stereotypes are v outdated. I do think men still fall victim to feeling like they have to drink beer which is nonsense.

Wine with food and at home, spirits and cider when out for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

RubyRoss wrote: »

Although, I have a slight bias against men drinking beer from bottles - are they afraid they will be date-raped?

They might want a specific type of beer that's not on draught?

Advertisement