Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't women drink beer?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

It's a pint for the fella
    Glass of white wine and bowl of fruit pastries for the lady

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've only recently noticed how silly some people are about what they're 'allowed' to drink. I drink what I want and I can't believe some women won't drink pints because 'they're for men'. I love beer, I drink it all the time, especially the strong Belgian beers like Duvel. The only reason I'm planning to cut back is that it's not doing my gluten intolerance any good. It's difficult trying to find a replacement drink though. Anything acidic as a mixer (orange juice or Coke) wrecks my teeth, more than a couple of glasses of wine turns me into a drunken mess, gin and tonic, I drink too fast. I'll miss beer.

A few of these lads if you can get your hands on them:
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/88039.jpg

I've only recently noticed how silly some people are about what they're 'allowed' to drink. I drink what I want and I can't believe some women won't drink pints because 'they're for men'. I love beer, I drink it all the time, especially the strong Belgian beers like Duvel. The only reason I'm planning to cut back is that it's not doing my gluten intolerance any good. It's difficult trying to find a replacement drink though. Anything acidic as a mixer (orange juice or Coke) wrecks my teeth, more than a couple of glasses of wine turns me into a drunken mess, gin and tonic, I drink too fast. I'll miss beer.

Duvel is a wheat beer AFAIK so you should definitely stay way if you are gluten intolerant. Barley beers like Heineken would be better for you. You can also buy bottles of gluten free beet (e.g Estrella Daura) in some pubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I wish men didn't drink beer. 35 minutes late for work and hungover to fook. Gonna be a loooong day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Frynge wrote: »
    Assuming you never heard of swim bladder goin into wine

What's swim bladder??

Please don't tell me something disgusting....wine is the only thing bar beer I can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

farts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

It's the same stuff used in both, Isinglass from the swim bladder.

Oh ffs. Really?

All wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

I love beer!! Especially with pizza or at a bbq but I always drink it when Im out.Love wine too but drink that at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I hate wine. I only ever drink pints of cider, through a pink straw mind 'cause I'm a fcuking lady.

If this isn't post of the week, then AH needs to take a good long look at itself in the mirror. You're a legend ma'am.

*doffs hat*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

TheUsual wrote: »
    It's not cruelty to animals as fish don't kiss so they don't need lips

I kissed a cod once in Newfoundland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 LandL84

We just don't want to grow beer bellies, burp and smell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

I don't drink beer because I think it tastes horrible, not because I think it's too manly.

I drink bottles of red wine at home with friends, and if I'm out, I'll usually have some Bulmers followed by whiskey on the rocks, or maybe a few vodkas if I'm in the right mood.

I don't drink beer because I think it tastes horrible, not because I think it's too manly.

I drink bottles of red wine at home with friends, and if I'm out, I'll usually have some Bulmers followed by whiskey on the rocks, or maybe a few vodkas if I'm in the right mood.

Beer is an acquired taste.
    Cider, on the other hand, is just rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I think, possibly, one of the greatest experiences you can have in life, is to spend an evening vociferously arguing a point with a ludicrously intelligent and attractive member of the opposite sex, while demolishing a bottle of Jameson between ye.

Oh yeah, and turns out she was right.:mad:

But, I drank most of the bottle.

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I often drink a can of Bavaria with Jacinta and Howya down the back of the bus... what'choo talkin' about , OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

it makes me burp and act like an asshat, or at least more of an asshat than if I weren't drinking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Oh ffs. Really?

All wine?

I think Isinglass is used mainly for white wines, but gelatine is used for red wines anyway, so neither are strictly vegetarian or vegan. If it's just a case of it grossing you out though, it's just used during production to clarify the drink. It's all - or almost all - filtered out in the process, so none or hardly any is going to make it to your gob, if it's any consolation.

Yellowtail red wines - but not white - are one vegan friendly option, off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I kissed a cod once in Newfoundland

I kissed a stripper once in Brazilia.

Not good. STD.
    Don't kiss strippers. Dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

TheUsual wrote: »
    I kissed a stripper once in Brazilia.

Not good. STD.
    Don't kiss strippers. Dirty.

oh snap :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I prefer beer to wine, but I'll drink just about anything that comes out of a bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

What are ye on about I think beer is easier than drinking wine and nicer

Although I must say took me two years to aquire the taste for it, it finally became something I liked the taste of not just something to get sloshed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

cause beer is a mans drink hey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

cause beer is a mans drink hey
    A mans drink?
    A womans drink is what ?
    Lemon Tea maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

They're mad for wine or so it appears, do they have no taste!?
    not all of us like wine,personaly think it tastes and smells disgusting,then again given mums cheapskatedness; have never smelt an expensive wine so perhaps the price makes a big difference.:confused:
    the only alcohol will ever drink is a bacardi breezer,beer tastes like how it smells-piss,there is a much cheaper way of getting that taste-except it isnt fermented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

When I was younger in my late teens and early 20s I was able to drink beer and pints of it too - budweiser was my favourite followed by smithwicks. I'm not able to stomach beer any more. I don't know if it's due to too many nasty hangovers from my youth. I now go for a spirit and a mixer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement