Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't women drink beer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

simple answer

calories

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ever have peach schnapps?

Yup! Its yummy. I learned the hard way not to mix it with wine and Mr Freezes though *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

OP, shut up and get me a pint. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Cause it is not as nice as wine:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Girls do drink beer, I'd imagine a lot of them that avoid it do it because it puts on weight like McDonalds for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Loved Guinness 'till I found out they put fish lips (or something equally hideous) into it.

Mmmmmm fish lips.
    My favourite.

It's not cruelty to animals as fish don't kiss so they don't need lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

When I lived in Ireland, I only drank pints of Smithwicks. When I lived in England, pints of ale and now I drink crappy Spanish beer as I've no other choice. Developed a taste for it though and it's alright cold and in small quantities.

Loved Guinness 'till I found out they put fish lips (or something equally hideous) into it.

All in all, I love beers and know a good beer from a crappy one.

RED WINE and beer, that's all I drink generally.

Assuming you never heard of swim bladder goin into wine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's the same stuff used in both, Isinglass from the swim bladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

cant stand beer,its cider or spirits all the way.I've forced myself to drink beer but cant get a taste for it.it all tastes rotten to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭policarp

Snakeblood wrote: »
    That's really a broad generalisation.

Ladies like champagne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

It's a pint for the fella
    Glass of white wine and bowl of fruit pastries for the lady

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've only recently noticed how silly some people are about what they're 'allowed' to drink. I drink what I want and I can't believe some women won't drink pints because 'they're for men'. I love beer, I drink it all the time, especially the strong Belgian beers like Duvel. The only reason I'm planning to cut back is that it's not doing my gluten intolerance any good. It's difficult trying to find a replacement drink though. Anything acidic as a mixer (orange juice or Coke) wrecks my teeth, more than a couple of glasses of wine turns me into a drunken mess, gin and tonic, I drink too fast. I'll miss beer.

A few of these lads if you can get your hands on them:
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/88039.jpg

I've only recently noticed how silly some people are about what they're 'allowed' to drink. I drink what I want and I can't believe some women won't drink pints because 'they're for men'. I love beer, I drink it all the time, especially the strong Belgian beers like Duvel. The only reason I'm planning to cut back is that it's not doing my gluten intolerance any good. It's difficult trying to find a replacement drink though. Anything acidic as a mixer (orange juice or Coke) wrecks my teeth, more than a couple of glasses of wine turns me into a drunken mess, gin and tonic, I drink too fast. I'll miss beer.

Duvel is a wheat beer AFAIK so you should definitely stay way if you are gluten intolerant. Barley beers like Heineken would be better for you. You can also buy bottles of gluten free beet (e.g Estrella Daura) in some pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I wish men didn't drink beer. 35 minutes late for work and hungover to fook. Gonna be a loooong day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Frynge wrote: »
    Assuming you never heard of swim bladder goin into wine

What's swim bladder??

Please don't tell me something disgusting....wine is the only thing bar beer I can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

farts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

It's the same stuff used in both, Isinglass from the swim bladder.

Oh ffs. Really?

All wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

I love beer!! Especially with pizza or at a bbq but I always drink it when Im out.Love wine too but drink that at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I hate wine. I only ever drink pints of cider, through a pink straw mind 'cause I'm a fcuking lady.

If this isn't post of the week, then AH needs to take a good long look at itself in the mirror. You're a legend ma'am.

*doffs hat*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

TheUsual wrote: »
    It's not cruelty to animals as fish don't kiss so they don't need lips

I kissed a cod once in Newfoundland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 LandL84

We just don't want to grow beer bellies, burp and smell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

I don't drink beer because I think it tastes horrible, not because I think it's too manly.

I drink bottles of red wine at home with friends, and if I'm out, I'll usually have some Bulmers followed by whiskey on the rocks, or maybe a few vodkas if I'm in the right mood.

I don't drink beer because I think it tastes horrible, not because I think it's too manly.

I drink bottles of red wine at home with friends, and if I'm out, I'll usually have some Bulmers followed by whiskey on the rocks, or maybe a few vodkas if I'm in the right mood.

Beer is an acquired taste.
    Cider, on the other hand, is just rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I think, possibly, one of the greatest experiences you can have in life, is to spend an evening vociferously arguing a point with a ludicrously intelligent and attractive member of the opposite sex, while demolishing a bottle of Jameson between ye.

Oh yeah, and turns out she was right.:mad:

But, I drank most of the bottle.

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I often drink a can of Bavaria with Jacinta and Howya down the back of the bus... what'choo talkin' about , OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

it makes me burp and act like an asshat, or at least more of an asshat than if I weren't drinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Oh ffs. Really?

All wine?

I think Isinglass is used mainly for white wines, but gelatine is used for red wines anyway, so neither are strictly vegetarian or vegan. If it's just a case of it grossing you out though, it's just used during production to clarify the drink. It's all - or almost all - filtered out in the process, so none or hardly any is going to make it to your gob, if it's any consolation.

Yellowtail red wines - but not white - are one vegan friendly option, off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I kissed a cod once in Newfoundland

I kissed a stripper once in Brazilia.

Not good. STD.
    Don't kiss strippers. Dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

TheUsual wrote: »
    I kissed a stripper once in Brazilia.

Not good. STD.
    Don't kiss strippers. Dirty.

oh snap :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I prefer beer to wine, but I'll drink just about anything that comes out of a bottle.

Advertisement