Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Coping

• 25-10-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I feel so confused. My best friend commit suicide 3 weeks ago. Im just not sure what Im supposed to be doing/feeling. As he lived abroad for many years, alot of my friends in Ireland didnt know him. I feel so lonely and isolated.

Im finding it such a struggle to even feed myself. I have someone staying with me at the moment to look after me but I dunno, the more days that pass, the more angry lonely and isolated I feel.

None of my friends understand what Im going through but then, I dont want them to as if they were to understand, they'd have to experience this pain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think you really have to start acknowledging how you feel by talking about it and letting yourself grieve. My friend committed suicide, I was the last to speak to her and the one that had to get the police to kick her door in. It was horrible and I felt so angry and helpless...what really helped was talking to other people that knew her, talking over how I felt - even though it changed from minute to minute - I started a diary and wrote whatever came into my head.

If nobody here knew him then tell them about him so they do - tell the person that's staying with you all about them - let yourself cry, get angry, get confused, laugh about the good times and just let it all out. If you aren't comfortable talking to someone you know like that, then perhaps consider a bereavement councillor? It's only been three weeks, give yourself some time to digest what has happened and get over the shock.

All the very best.

Advertisement