Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games on ebay

Options
  • 25-10-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

would it be dodgy buying xbox 360 games on ebay? does anyone have any experience positive or negative on buying games for ebay and do games from other countries work in ireland??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have bought quite a few, stopped when I discovered gameclick

Just make sure what you're buying is PAL format (should say it clearly in the item description) and you'll be fine, never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

i've bought a few on ebay, it can be hit and miss sometimes with the condition of the discs.

Just make sure they're in the PAL format like maximoose said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Likewise,I've bought a few games off ebay sellers(mainly English,some Irish) and have had no issues.In fact all the games bought from English sellers were near mint condition. Have you tried our own Adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

One bit of advice on adverts, ask for a picture of the back of the discs if there is none. More often than not, the games are in worse condition there than on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Usually for older games I go to ebay, as will be cheaper than most shops or online stores, just stay around for people with a rating below 95 and make sure you read details about object.

Ebay are very accommodating on behalf of the buyer if the item doesn't arrive or is as described.

After buying a few games I have been able to single out a few favourite sellers now and I usually just buy from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I have to agree with the person above.. alot of games I bought off adverts.ie were in the appalling condition.

All the games I've ever bought off ebay were near mint, discs and cases.

There nothing dodgy about buying games off ebay. There is copies of pretty much every game in existence listed by many sellers. Just use ebay.ie and select uk and ireland. Only thing you need to watch out for is the postage cost, it can be difficult finding uk sellers who have low shipping to ireland but if you pm the seller they usually lower it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ebay can be great, just be wary of ones coming from Hong Kong as they can be NTSC format sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ebay can be great, just be wary of ones coming from Hong Kong as they can be NTSC format sometimes.

most ntsc xbox 360 games work fine on pal machines and all ps3 games are region free.

heres a list http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

i have one or two ntsc games that are not on that list and they work fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Use it a good few times no prob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I've bought and sold games on E-Bay without any issues in the past. Sometimes the game isn't in great condition but they've always played fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement