Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Allowance- Xbox live

Options
  • 25-10-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

How many hours a day for a month would 15GB Data allowance get you?

Is this enough or would you need more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

for general use like playing games that will be more than plenty,
    just watch out if your downloading demo's and extra content thats where you will get caught out, the download size is on a demo/dlc content anyhow so just keep track of what your using

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

As the Doctor said, it should be plenty for you.

As a matter of interest, what ISP do you plan on using, as the term "broadband" is used quite loosely to advertise internet services but they don't all provide decent quality connections and could heavily impact on your online experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

As the Doctor said, it should be plenty for you.

As a matter of interest, what ISP do you plan on using, as the term "broadband" is used quite loosely to advertise internet services but they don't all provide decent quality connections and could heavily impact on your online experience!

It was 3 or 02 wifi broadband but I don't know if it will be any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

DMG_49 wrote: »

3 and 02's offerings are not real broadband. The services they provide are more in common to dial up due to high pings etc.

Can you avail of a real ISP such as UPC or eircom?

DMG_49 wrote: »

Avoid any type of mobile broadband, as it's not really broadband. Get either a fixed or wireless provider like UPC, Eircom, DigiWeb or permaNET... avoid Three, o2, vodafone & Meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Hi,im with 3 at the moment using the dongle with my laptop as a "router",and the xbox connected to the laptop with the ethernet cable and it does just fine.
    No problems connecting or playing online and the 15g is loads for online playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Trevor451 wrote: »
    3 and 02's offerings are not real broadband. The services they provide are more in common to dial up due to high pings etc.

Can you avail of a real ISP such as UPC or eircom?
    Avoid any type of mobile broadband, as it's not really broadband. Get either a fixed or wireless provider like UPC, Eircom, DigiWeb or permaNET... avoid Three, o2, vodafone & Meteor

Yeah I know there nothing compared to eircom / upc.

eircom are around 25euro not including line rental, we don't get upc here and everything else is too dear or not good enough.
    Hi,im with 3 at the moment using the dongle with my laptop as a "router",and the xbox connected to the laptop with the ethernet cable and it does just fine.
    No problems connecting or playing online and the 15g is loads for online playing.

I take it you don' have a wireless adapter, thats why your using the laptop with it.

I'll be using it through the adapter. I'd say it pretty much the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

From what ive heard your signal may suffer a little with the wireless adapter....depends on the strength of the signal your recieving from your provider.....

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I have the same setup with O2, no real problems with lag in games on the 360 although PS3 was noticeably worse.
    I use about 50-60MB combined for 2-3 hours of battlefield bad company 2.
    Signal-wise I get mid 90's dBm on HSPA out here in the sticks.

You may not realise you have issues as the download speed might be ok but there's no guarantee that your poor upload speed isn't effecting everyone else in the games you are playing. Mobile broadband should never be recommended for online gaming!

One in fifty people might be lucky enough to be close enough to a base station and happen to live in a low congestion area but in general, it just doesn't work well. Very poor upload speeds, poor QoS, the inability to provide a constant and steady stream of data and relatively poor latency are the main reasons it's just not worth getting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement