Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Match Routine?

• 25-10-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

anyone have a set routine to calm the nerves before a match? im brickin it these days!! snatching darts all over the place..how do you guys keep the tension,stress at bay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tuesdarts

Im not playing that long but a few deep breths before i start helps im still dirth but it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

anyone have a set routine to calm the nerves before a match? im brickin it these days!! snatching darts all over the place..how do you guys keep the tension,stress at bay?

Everybody suffers with nerves but I find if im confident with the way im playing my nerves dont affect me in a negative way whatsoever, this game is all about confidence in yourself and if you go up to the board with positive thinking that your going to bash your opponent off the board 9 times out of 10 you will just do that......

Add a bit of aggression to your game and cut out the negative thoughts (you've already convinced yourself nerves is a bad thing which it isn't)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

A steady gallon usually does the trick:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Dicie wrote: »
    A steady gallon usually does the trick:D

Washed down with a portion of Bonoffi Pie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

generally I stand there and say to myself over and over again "don't fall apart". Shake my opponents hand and do the opposite to what I told myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

I always try to make sure i get off with a steady 60,dont even think about the treble.theres nothing wrong with a solid 60,remember your opponent is probably just as nervous unless he's a very experienced player.
    i'll usually spend about 30 mins on the board at home before a league match, but for me (not for everyone)2 or 3 pints are probably more important:o

Advertisement