Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel modem problems with dropping signal

Options
  • 25-10-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi. In January we had broadband problems. We had our main connection point replaced with a new one which has an integral filter and two sockets - one for phone and one for broadband. Advised that we no longer needed filters as this main one was sufficient. This new filter box is not in the centre of the house and we cannot plug the modem into any of the other phone sockets around the house, although these sockets still work for phones.
    We still had problems with the signal so on a return visit, our Netopia box was found to be faulty and was replaced with a Zyxel one.
    We are having constant signal problems, getting worse.
    I have been on to tech support a couple of times and they advised that the new Zyxel box is less compatible with older computer equipment than the previous Netopia one. I have been advised to experiment with changing channels, etc. and there is very little else that can be done.
    Recently, a consistent broadband service has become even more important to us -online assessments for job applications and using Skype for our children who are now abroad are the two key areas where dropping signal is causing major issues.
    We are paying for a premium service and not receiving it. I was called twice over the past couple of months by eircom broadband sales people asking if I would like to discuss my broadband package - in both cases I told them about my problems and they said they would refer them on to someone who would give me a call - which hasn't happened.
    I noticed another person on this forum has had a similar issue with a Zyxel modem - which I presume was sorted out as their complaints stopped around June, after posting here.
    Help anyone, please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi katierose1,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Can you PM your home phone number and I will look into your query.

Cheers,
    Ant

katierose1 wrote: »
    Hi. In January we had broadband problems. We had our main connection point replaced with a new one which has an integral filter and two sockets - one for phone and one for broadband. Advised that we no longer needed filters as this main one was sufficient. This new filter box is not in the centre of the house and we cannot plug the modem into any of the other phone sockets around the house, although these sockets still work for phones.
    We still had problems with the signal so on a return visit, our Netopia box was found to be faulty and was replaced with a Zyxel one.
    We are having constant signal problems, getting worse.
    I have been on to tech support a couple of times and they advised that the new Zyxel box is less compatible with older computer equipment than the previous Netopia one. I have been advised to experiment with changing channels, etc. and there is very little else that can be done.
    Recently, a consistent broadband service has become even more important to us -online assessments for job applications and using Skype for our children who are now abroad are the two key areas where dropping signal is causing major issues.
    We are paying for a premium service and not receiving it. I was called twice over the past couple of months by eircom broadband sales people asking if I would like to discuss my broadband package - in both cases I told them about my problems and they said they would refer them on to someone who would give me a call - which hasn't happened.
    I noticed another person on this forum has had a similar issue with a Zyxel modem - which I presume was sorted out as their complaints stopped around June, after posting here.
    Help anyone, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 katierose1

PM sent, thanks.

Advertisement