Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parrot + Gas fire

• 25-10-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if its safe to use a gas fire (bottled gas) in the same room as my little parrot... I know there used to be an issue with older fires and fumes, but are the newer fires safer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It should be I'd guess newer fires are safer well at least if they were leaking fumes or anything it wouldn't be safe for anyone anyway, is there any noticable smell in the room from the fire when you walk in? Is the bottle and connector located outside the house?

It's a good point though, I don't put our tiel in the sitting room if the solid fuel fire is lighting eventhough we use smokeless fuel it still would affect him when we open the stove door etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Red Harvest

tbh I wouldn't risk any unflued gas heater with a small bird, their systems are far more at risk than ours. Just google parrots gas heaters and see what you find.

Advertisement