Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy atheists stealing our Christmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Jaysus. This thread gets earlier every year :rolleyes:

Just like the appearance of Christmas trees. In fairness, I think it is actually a little later than last year.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

We've done some work in the house and now the corner I was going to put the tree in (the first year I can actually get a real tree!) won't do. Maybe I could put it on rails...

kylith wrote: »
    We've done some work in the house and now the corner I was going to put the tree in (the first year I can actually get a real tree!) won't do. Maybe I could put it on rails...

We have moved house fairly recently, and now have really high ceilings, so will be able to get a nice big tree this year. So happy. We also have a tree in the garden that must be close to 100 feet tall, trying to figure out how to get lights on it.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

MrPudding wrote: »
    We have moved house fairly recently, and now have really high ceilings, so will be able to get a nice big tree this year. So happy. We also have a tree in the garden that must be close to 100 feet tall, trying to figure out how to get lights on it.

MrP
    Tie one end of the lights to something and use a catapult?

kylith wrote: »
    Tie one end of the lights to something and use a catapult?

I was think of using one of the kids... Perhaps all of them, make it a competition.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Would have thought MrPudding was in the same camp as turkeys when it comes to Christmas

begbysback wrote: »
    Would have thought MrPudding was in the same camp as turkeys when it comes to Christmas

Why?

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

begbysback wrote: »
    Well there's two brothers; Plum and Rice. Not sure which one our friend is.

Damn. I was trying not to contribute to or encourage this thread until December :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

MrP

Persuade a neighbouring cat to run up it then call out the fire brigade and say, just fasten this wire to the top of the tree while you are up there, would you lads.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

MrP

Projecting lights onto it would be the simplest and cheapest way to light it.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Projecting lights onto it would be the simplest and cheapest way to light it.

Good idea. Will look into that.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Find someone with a drone, attach rope light and fly in a conical path around it.

....plus you get to fly a drone ;)

.... or crash somebody else's drone.

But you could send a cat up to retrieve the drone. Or a groundhog.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

recedite wrote: »
    But you could send a cat up to retrieve the drone. Or a groundhog.
    A crashed drone and half strangled cat could also make for some interesting and thought provoking Xmas decorations for one of those edgy atheist types ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

recedite wrote: »
    Well there's two brothers; Plum and Rice. Not sure which one our friend is.

He could be a breakfast roll / fry-up pudding kinda guy.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

looksee wrote: »
    Persuade a neighbouring cat to run up it then call out the fire brigade and say, just fasten this wire to the top of the tree while you are up there, would you lads.:P
    Just tie the one end of the wire to the cat before you chase it up the tree. No need to bother the fire brigade at all.

Or you could just set fire to the tree. A brief but spectacular Christmas display!

If you saw me you would know this was the correct pudding.
    Peregrinus wrote: »
    Just tie the one end of the wire to the cat before you chase it up the tree. No need to bother the fire brigade at all.

Or you could just set fire to the tree. A brief but spectacular Christmas display!

I think if I set fire to the tree I would need to find somewhere else to live.

I like the drone idea, mostly because it has a drone in it...

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I think if I set fire to the tree I would need to find somewhere else to live.

I like the drone idea, mostly because it has a drone in it...

MrP

Set fire to the drone. And the tree. And the cat.

Now I have a horrifying picture in my mind of MrP as a sort of black pudding on legs.

• Advertisement

Now I have a horrifying picture in my mind of MrP as a sort of black pudding on legs.

Whatever picture you have, it is not horrifying enough.

MrP

pauldla wrote: »
    Set fire to the drone. And the tree. And the cat.

I think we have a winner...

MrP

He could be a white pudding. Check your racist assumptions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

If a flaming cat on a burning drone crashing spectacularly into a blazing tree doesn't capture the true spirit of Christmas then I don't know what does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The problem with using a flamethrower is that the fuel invariably runs out at about 11AM on Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Icdeadpeepul

MrStuffins wrote: »
    No fair is fair!

If you don't believe in Christ, you shouldn't celebrate Christmas!

My brother was at the Occupy Dame Street protest, so now he must refuse to accept the day off when it's a BANK Holiday!

It's just pure logic, no getting away from it!

I don't believe in gravity. Should I be floating away about now?

Judging by that post, I think you already are! ;)

23380180_10204020389546685_6563526928519899306_n.jpg?oh=582ab3b847dc04d819510666a89dca0b&oe=5A94D217

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nominated for six, and winner of four, Golden Raspberries - Worst Picture, Worst Actor, Worst Screenplay and Worst Screen Combo - Kirk Cameron's 2014 hit, Saving Christmas, is available on DVD and makes the perfect stocking-filler for a cross aunt or unhappy uncle. Its 79 minutes of sphincter-tightening drama will have the whole family briefly on the edge of their seats before they make a run for the gin.

Waste no time in seeing this film!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kirk_camerons_saving_christmas

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    Nominated for six, and winner of four, Golden Raspberries - Worst Picture, Worst Actor, Worst Screenplay and Worst Screen Combo - Kirk Cameron's 2014 hit, Saving Christmas, is available on DVD and makes the perfect stocking-filler for a cross aunt or unhappy uncle. Its 79 minutes of sphincter-tightening drama will have the whole family briefly on the edge of their seats before they make a run for the gin.

Waste no time in seeing this film!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kirk_camerons_saving_christmas

Call me an old fashioned traditionalist fuddy-duddy but I reckon we'll be sticking with the Futurama Xmas special again this year :)

Advertisement