Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta Sauce

Options
  • 25-10-2011 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Cooking Pasta and veg and wondering if theres any kinda sauce that would go well with it.
    Have some sour cream in the fridge, anything I could do with that sauce wise that might be tasty ?
    I usually use a jar of something or packet of carbonara or make some cheese sauce but I'm in the mood for experimenting.

Veg - broccoli, baby potato, sweet potato, butter nut squash, carrot and white carrot.

past - baby shells.

Fridge - sour cream, cheese, milk etc etc usual stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Equal parts chicken stock & white wine - about 150ml of each. Bung them into a saucepan, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer til the strong smell of alcohol is gone from the wine. Stir in the sour cream and bring back to a brisk simmer. Allow to cook down to your preferred consistency.

Cook the pasta, add the broccoli to the same cooking water for the last 5-7 minutes (save you washing another pot!). Drain, toss with the pasta, season to taste, serve with some grated cheese on top. Easy peasy.

This sauce works really well with courgettes - slice them on the diagonal and allow to simmer in the wine & stock for 5 minutes before you add the sour cream. Chopped fresh dill is also excellent in it, if you can get your hands on some.

Advertisement