Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to play today ! Wat Do ?

Options
  • 25-10-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Ok so I've noticed a lot of people are playing from the boards community... (seen this via the boards platoon). Is the only way to get in early by using the IP trick ? If so.... I need details as to how to do this please :)

I've nearly got the game downloaded from origin its at 75%(pre-ordered since June).... Im hoping it will work when its downloaded... Obviously I emphasize the word HOPE :P

Cheers

Soul.

Comments

Go to free trial on FlyVPN, get the log in and password for Asia(i.e vpna, tuio) and connect to Korea when you log into it.

The run the date verifier on Origin to unlock the game, accept the T+C's and you can delete the FlyVPN one you're properly in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Are you connection to Asian servers ? what is the ping like ?

Or is this solely to unlock the game ?

Also, if you register with and activate with the "asian" IP, will this affect your game in future, i.e. will it set your location to asia or find servers of preference there etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Are you connection to Asian servers ? what is the ping like ?

Or is this solely to unlock the game ?

Also, if you register with and activate with the "asian" IP, will this affect your game in future, i.e. will it set your location to asia or find servers of preference there etc ?

Once the VPN is done you can play on Euro servers and be "from" ireland.

its only for activation people doing this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I pre-ordered my copy from gamestop.ie and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Curse all you who are playing it already. I've already finished Batman Arkham City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Cheers For that, haven't gone through with it yet though. Justy a heads up, that site (FLYVPN) is bogey, it contains malware... Just a heads up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sam V Smith

Dcully wrote: »

Thanks for that. Going to try that now...

After it confirms the release (trusting it does...) do I leave the settings as they are or can i change them back?

Change back after the files are unlocked.

FLY VPN gives the error about simultaneous users, and fails to connect :P Maybe ill just wait after all....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Dcully wrote: »

Just use that, works fine. Make sure to remove it after the game is unlocked, plenty of EU and UK servers out there.

• Advertisement

Lucutus wrote: »
    Just use that, works fine. Make sure to remove it after the game is unlocked, plenty of EU and UK servers out there.

Thanks a lot mate, worked perfectly !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Go here, it works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sam V Smith

Sorted, worked great. Thanks.

Playing now, maxed settings on this absolute little beast of a laptop :D

Just a quick pondering..

I know that people have said unlocking the game early via VPN etc. is not against the "law" (I guess they mean the law according to EA :p). How sure are we that EA wont get the hump and do something stupid like ban people from playing.... ? Also I noticed after I unlocked my game last night that I never got a screen showing me my order details and confirmation of unlock (i.e. what I bought: expansion pack, physical warfare pack with pre-order). The game runs fine etc, but I hope I have still get the extra unlocks like the physical warfare pack....

Any thoughts ?

They have said they will not ban for vpn unlock.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

lahcen86 wrote: »
    Just a quick pondering..

I know that people have said unlocking the game early via VPN etc. is not against the "law" (I guess they mean the law according to EA :p). How sure are we that EA wont get the hump and do something stupid like ban people from playing.... ?

EA don't make those 'laws' so they probably don't care. The only interest for them is to not have everyone attack the game servers all at once I guess.

Advertisement