Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB 24 MB not supported

Options
  • 25-10-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I ordered eircom broadband online from eircom on August 13th and last week I learned that the line that had been installed won't support the broadband I ordered. eircom's connect representative Mark has told me that I must pay for line rental for the rest of the year or I can pay the same amount of money up front to have the line disconnected - this is what needs to be done so that I can switch to Smart. Apparently there is an element of 'risk' to ordering broadband from eircom and the risk is that they won't give you broadband at all and charge you line rental for 12 months.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with eircom? And how did it work out?? Seems like a scam to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

I ordered eircom broadband online from eircom on August 13th and last week I learned that the line that had been installed won't support the broadband I ordered. eircom's connect representative Mark has told me that I must pay for line rental for the rest of the year or I can pay the same amount of money up front to have the line disconnected - this is what needs to be done so that I can switch to Smart. Apparently there is an element of 'risk' to ordering broadband from eircom and the risk is that they won't give you broadband at all and charge you line rental for 12 months.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with eircom? And how did it work out?? Seems like a scam to me.

I responded to the customer as follows:

Hi punksanders,

I appreciate you are not happy with the resolution I got back to you with.

You can chose to label the situation "a scam" however as I outlined before.

If the customer looks to connect a line specifically looking for broadband, the broadband service is seen as an additional / separate service. The line needs to be connected and tested before we can advise of broadband availability or speed.

customers who place the order online need to accept the terms and conditions before any order is processed. Or if they order through the phone and there is not an active account/line at an address, the phone line order is put up first and the agent advises the customer on the call of the terms and conditions and contract.

I investigated the circumstances and delays regarding your order. However as I stated in the e-mail the contract and or penalty charges will be upheld but given the delay I did offer a credit as compensation.

You are obviously not happy with the resolution I have outlined, but I am not going to through the whole issue again from the start.

Thanks Mark

Advertisement