Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up a language alongside the LC

• 25-10-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

I'm doing French for the leaving this year and I'm pretty good at it, I'd get A1s generally. I'm vaguely considering taking up another language just to learn alone because I want to learn another language in college and I don't want to start from square one. I also just like learning languages and I have no hobbies anymore. Is Italian easy enough to learn or should I just focus on my LC subjects? Is this the ultimate procrastination?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

From the looks of it Italian is very similar to French :) I wouldnt really advise taking it up in sixth year but if you're up for the challenge go ahead :P You can always stop if you need to I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

do not take any unnecessary work during you LC year.. i would take some course or start learning new language over the summer after LC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Like the others have said, keep away from any unneccessary work during the LC!!

But I studied Italian in first year of college just for the year and by the end of the year had as much Italian as I had French even though I had just finished my seventh year of French (six years in school + first year college). Beautiful language and really quite easy when you compare it to French. Had to give it up sadly for second year as it clashed with Spanish on the timetable. Spanish is also much easier than French and has a much greater population of speakers than Italian does.

Advertisement