Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home ec help

• 25-10-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

i need help writing this implementation up
    there's so much to write but i don't know what to write i mean i know a little
    but not enough to fill in all the spaces :/
    we did this profiterole rolls assigment thingy ( im in 5th year btw)
    we have to write up
    the following

Procedure:

2 KEY FACTORS:

Hygiene:

Safety:

there's about 35 lines im really screwed for space i cant think of anything i think im grand for the bottom 3 but its procedure im stuck on plz if anyone can help me i need this done tonight :(
    im piratically lost :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I know it's a little late as you said you needed this done last night, but thought I'd answer anyway :P

Procedure is just writing about what you did to make it, so just go through all the steps i.e. what you used, how you made the pastry, any special considerations that had to be made (e.g. how stuff has to be cold for pastry). Use points to make it clearer (when I did Home Ec the teacher told us to write in points, so I assume it's okay?). I don't know the exact brief, so all the pastry stuff is just me assuming. But if you're making profitteroles I can't imagine what else it would be focusing on :)

And you don't have to fill the entire space for it, just as long as you cover what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

bit late in replying but if you are only in 5th year this advice may still be of some use :)

for the implementation page, give absolutely every minute detail of how you made the dish - verbally run over exactly everything you and your cookery partner did from the moment you walked in the door, till you left. and then write it down. No detail is too small :D

e.g. start with "i walked into the home ec kitchen, put on my apron, washed my hands, pre-heated the oven and weighed out/measured the ingredients.....give details of temp etc re oven and hob. list all the vegetables you prepare - never for example, write that that you "prepared all the vegetables" - name each one individually. read out loud what you've written to make sure it makes sense. e.g. you don't chop and then peel veg etc... don't forget the washing up at the end, give details of how you served the dish, but don't say ''served with a side salad' when you didn't - it is soo obvious and may cost you marks.
    hope this is of some benefit. feel free to pm me if you ever want any other queries answered (but given the infrequency of my logging on, be prepared to wait for a reply) ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

1st thing my niece always does is to sterilise the work area.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

go into extreme detail, like what the meassurements were, hoe you removed all your jewellery before hand, blah blah blah make up extra detail

Advertisement