Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Account vs Walk away

Options
  • 25-10-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Does boards.ie legally differentiate between closed accounts and dormant but potentially never to be logged back in again accounts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I would imagine that in order for boards to know that an account is never to be logged into again, someone there would need to have spoken to the person who claimed it to clarify,

Other than that, its just assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

'legally'?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Overheal wrote: »
    'legally'?

I think he may be referring to whether or not there is a length of time/term of inactivity defined within the T&C's which stipulates an account is to be considered dormant. In the event there is, what responsibilities does boards.ie have with regards to them.

I'd be curious to know what's the point in this query as the account itself is expected to be solely acessible by the owner of it?

Advertisement