Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2006 then and now Ignorance was bliss !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭paul71

Just read through that thread and in fairness several posters were absolutely spot on with their predictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Have to say, a lot more people (normal non-economist types) seen something nasty coming than I remember.

Nice reminder,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

I think a few of the more informed posters saw what was coming but refused to believe the party would ever end.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

Does anyone else, while reading that thread, feel their brain/ mind slipping into the cushy, economically-unaware, un-depressed, sunnier, unworried state of mind they had in 2006? It's mad to think how oblivious the average person was to economic worries then and how good life was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 declanx

Does anyone else, while reading that thread, feel their brain/ mind slipping into the cushy, economically-unaware, un-depressed, sunnier, unworried state of mind they had in 2006? It's mad to think how oblivious the average person was to economic worries then and how good life was.

I bloody wish! Property prices were already dropping (at least mine was in Navan) and job’s going. Given 3 months notice in my job. Seen a lot of job cuts in my multinational company. Emigrated to the USA in 2007.

P.S. Around Aug-2000 the job section the broad sheets was ~30 pages. By Jan 2001 it was down to 17 pages.

P.P.S The house I sold in Navan is worth less now then when I bought it in 2002.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

paul71 wrote: »
    Just read through that thread and in fairness several posters were absolutely spot on with their predictions.

I think alot of people knew it was going bust then, if it was 2003 I would give some credit but 2006.I nearly finished college in 2006 and lecturers were basically telling ous if we were lucky find a job here to hold on it, that its going to be bumpy.

My brother was mid way through his apprenticeship electrician then and his teachers as well clearly pointed out that a massive amount were getting qualified every year and there would be fair more workers than work for carpenters, plasterers, plumbers, roofers, tilers, felters, electricians etc.

Amount of people doing trades and even in college was ridiculous for such a small country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

And yet FAS are still doing it.

Advertisement