Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra Church, road closed off!

Options
  • 25-10-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Anyone know what's going on outside Knocknacarra Church? Lots of guards and squad cars and blue flashing lights!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Why dont you go and ask if you are able to see it????

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Am wondering the same,thinking a crash? cant get a hold of a family member myself and have a slight worry going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I was there when the squad car arrived - at 8.35 or so. Looked like someone on the road with ambulance personnel attending to him/her. Lots of bystanders outside the church.

Dunno what's going on. Hope that nobody was seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

i hope whoever was injured a speed recovery!

also a doggie was killed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

According to the Galway Independent facebook page:
    Unconfirmed reports coming in that a woman knocked down in Knocknacarra this evening. Gardai have sealed off the area

https://www.facebook.com/galwayindependent

It says unconfirmed, but some people posted who seem to have witnessed the immediate aftermath.

This is getting way, way too frequent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

-yes, he/she should bend over injured person and ask doctor during resuscitation about what exactly just happened.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This is getting way, way too frequent.
    [/SIZE]

Have to agree here. It's unfair to reference any individual case because accidents happen even when you being as careful as can be but really everyone please make extra efforts to drive safely and slow down in populated areas. Only takes a second to destroy lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

softmee wrote: »
    -yes, he/she should bend over injured person and ask doctor during resuscitation about what exactly just happened.. :rolleyes:
    You do know that the :rolleyes: doesn't make you smarter, you do seem to use it in every single post you make!!

And no the OP would simply need to walk to the barrier of the incident and say what happened, as opposed to asking on here, the answer would be found much quicker. Don't post too much in this thread though softmee because you might get it closed on the rest of us :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Walked past it last night very shortly after it happened. To me it looked like a man lying on the road but it was dark and there were people knelt down attending to the person. There was a jeep there at that stage with blue lights on but i don't think it was guards or ambulance. There was a dog killed in the incident as it was lying by the church wall. Hopefully the person makes a full recovery.

I am not surprised in the slightest this has happened, that junction is an absolute death trap and it's one of many in the area.

• Advertisement

According to the GI Facebook again, it was a man and he's been released from hospital. Not sure how reliable that is but it's good news if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

I wonder if the dublin city or cork city forum is as nosey as the one here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

kinetic wrote: »

Don't be so nosey.

In a lot of cases it's that people are concerned that someone they know has been killed or injured, rather than out-and-out nosiness..

And also a notice to motorists to avoid certain locations where roads have been closed. The obvious question to ask is why the road has been closed, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

In a lot of cases it's that people are concerned that someone they know has been killed or injured, rather than out-and-out nosiness..

No your wrong, if someone had a concern they would ring the guards or the hospital, its just nosiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

No your wrong, if someone had a concern they would ring the guards or the hospital, its just nosiness.
    Yes much better to waste the time and resources of the emergency services than to ask a question on a regional forum:rolleyes:

Hopefully the injured party is OK

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since the man is apparently ok and OP question is answered I'll close this now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement