Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you vote if you haven't gotten a Polling Card

• 25-10-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

With the election just a few days away now I still haven't gotten a Polling card?

I've checked the register website and I am on it.

Will I still be able to vote on Thrusday without the polling card?

I'm wondering if maybe I didn't get a polling card this time caused I didn't vote in the last general election as I was away on holiday on voting day?

But I'm still on the register of voters so I should still be able to vote I assume?

Just looking for someone to clarify for me :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I send back the card that came through the door a few weeks ago, the day it arrived, but were still not on the register. Not impressed. I'm not on the Kilkenny one either but I was a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You'll be fine, just bring some ID with you.

I've moved up to Dublin until Christmas and had no less than 15 polling cards pop in our letter box... in a house that in no way can or ever has accommodated 15 people. I wonder who's my local SF representative...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ha, it would appear herself was removed from the register despite confirming to a council official who called a couple of months back that she was still a resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dunphy3

Mokong wrote: »
    With the election just a few days away now I still haven't gotten a Polling card?

I've checked the register website and I am on it.

Will I still be able to vote on Thrusday without the polling card?

I'm wondering if maybe I didn't get a polling card this time caused I didn't vote in the last general election as I was away on holiday on voting day?

But I'm still on the register of voters so I should still be able to vote I assume?

Just looking for someone to clarify for me :P
    yes you will need to bring id ,photoid/driving licence,ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 slackness

I changed my vote to a Waterford address for the general election earlier this year, had no problem voting in that, got all of the leaflets etc. for the presidential election sent and addressed to me, but yet no polling card and now I'm not on the register according to the website! Was there some attempt at a clean up that has gone wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

slackness wrote: »
    I changed my vote to a Waterford address for the general election earlier this year, had no problem voting in that, got all of the leaflets etc. for the presidential election sent and addressed to me, but yet no polling card and now I'm not on the register according to the website! Was there some attempt at a clean up that has gone wrong?

According to the register check website, you email mmcknight@waterfordcity.ie with any queries. So give your address and name, they will check the records for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

had my polling card with me this morning and they wouldnt leave me vote because I had no ID... I didnt need ID for the General Elections..... absolute joke dragging the child in there too

tankbarry wrote: »
    had my polling card with me this morning and they wouldnt leave me vote because I had no ID... I didnt need ID for the General Elections..... absolute joke dragging the child in there too

ID is a requirement regardless. You may or may not be asked, but its a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Guys I didnt get my voting card but i got all the spam vote for me type mail over the last week. I voted in the general election but My details arent on that check the register website.
    Any advice? :confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: My details are on this website however http://www.waterfordcity.ie/ereg/ ?

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Guys I didnt get my voting card but i got all the spam vote for me type mail over the last week. I voted in the general election but My details arent on that check the register website.
    Any advice? :confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: My details are on this website however http://www.waterfordcity.ie/ereg/ ?

Yeah that new website for Check the Register seems a bit dodgy.

Go in with a from of ID that shows you live in the constituency and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement