Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Nations sets global broadband targets

• 25-10-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

I have no idea where to put this Thread but i'll stick it in here Broadband seems ideal.

UN Target

Something that really P's me off is that Ireland is as good as a Developing country when it comes to Broadband.

Eircom ripping people off left, right and center
    3 and NBS are going no where.
    o2 selective
    Vodafone Selective
    Meteor(I know nothing about their broadband /)

Like back home i live 3miles from Ennis. The largest town in Munster. 1995 it won the Information age. Yet today only selective areas of Ennis can get Broadband. Ennis is supposed to be NGB. But still lacks Mobile broadband in certain low areas.
    If you go 3miles south outside Ennis. We/I can only get Eircom Broadband 3mb but succeed at getting 1.5-2mb. 3 does not work in our area, o2 mobile is poor we cannot get o2landline and vodafone only works in selective regions around the house mainly ontop of the roof and in the garden.

Reading about You will find other area's with problems. This NBS is slow process and only certain villages get it. at the moment.

I think Ireland has a perfect sized population to use us as a Testing ground for all these products. Its not too small its not too large. By Right 70%(rough) should be able to achieve 15mb no matter where you go. should be no less.
    Eircom are the dominant ones playing us. I just wish we had more investors in this country.
    Reading that article above Ireland still wont benefit. 'Due to lack of Funding', Is what they will say
    Its quite saddening IMO :(

Advertisement