Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox , Signal Boost

Options
  • 25-10-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hey lads.

i have my upc router upstairs.

The the signal is not great when i use my xbox down stairs, does anyone know a way i can boost my wifi signal?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

You might want to look at Homeplugs or a Wi-fi extender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

iMuse wrote: »
    You might want to look at Homeplugs or a Wi-fi extender

what would be best ?

would this work,

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-4GHz-9dBi-Wireless-WIFI-Extender-Booster-Antenna-/330445295366?pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item4cf0130f06
    i plan on putting the xbox in the conservatory so there is a bit of distance btween the routher and there

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

well, probably the best thing would be to buy a new wireless router. I had the same problem as you have, and since i added a better router, i constantly get a great connection no matter where i am in the house.

Here is the link to my router: Here

But if you wanted, you could just test out the range extended as you have linked above. For that price, it's worth the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats the sexiest router i have ever seen! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I wouldnt get the adaptor.

I had eircom broadband, with the crappy netopia router too far away from my xbox for cable and I went with the adaptor but the connection drops all the time and it takes about 8 hours to download a demo.

Around this time last year I found the solution, homeplugs.

homeplug05.jpg

I got a set on Adverts.ie for €50, I would recommend looking on ebay.. Basically you plug a cable from your router into one homeplug and plug it in to a socket near the router, then plug the other one in a socket beside your xbox and have a cable running from it into the xbox.

You end up with a much more stable wired connection.

^ a reply I gave to someone in a similar situation to you about a week ago.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats the sexiest router i have ever seen! :eek:

It's awesome too, it's got a media server built into it. :D And the wireless is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Will try this out.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Tell me, is that a DSL router???

nope, it's cable only, you can see in the picture on the website. All you have to do is run an ethernet cable from the back of your DSL modem, and disable wireless on it. It's what I do.

Advertisement