Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology Shows

Options
  • 25-10-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I was over in London last weekend doing some visiting. Found out a few weeks ago that Scan.co.uk with a few others were hosting a technology show the same weekend so thought I would check it out. Not like we would ever get something like this over this side of the pond.

To be honest I was expecting a bit more size wise. Lets just say it was no ploughing championships :D. There was however some great systems on display and alot of components that I hadnt seen in person before. Yoyotech had a stand and they did some overclocking with liquid nitrogen with a fx-8150 and quad sli setup. They also had a couple of girls walking around wearing barely nothing which I thought was a nice touch

Alot of gaming. Racing chairs, 3d gaming and of course BF3. It was my first time playing and have to say very impressive.

I guess it was kinda a gaming expo with a technology twist. Scan, Yoyotech and overclockers are 3 big players in the custom pc business and this was a good advertisement to help draw people away from consoles. There wasnt a whole lot of trading done at their stands and they only had a few show specials.

Anyway I don't suppose we will see anything like that over here. Definitely wet my appetite to go to more of these shows. Its not much hassle get over to London or mainland Europe and cheap aswell.

Anyone been to or able to recommend another good trade show? I know CEBIT is held in March in London but get the impression in more of a general technology show. And Vegas/LA ARE too far :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

did you get pics of the girls?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    did you get pics of the girls?

:D

Was waiting for someone to ask! I was there with my girlfriend so found it hard enough to make excuses to constantly walk past the Yoyotech stand. Not sure what kind of response I would have gotten if I had asked her to take a photo of me with "that hot one over there" :D

Anyway found a photo of one of them online! Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/khedara/6267546902/in/set-72157627947088494

Advertisement