Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a bunch of Bs really enough for a 2.1?!

Options
  • 25-10-2011 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Well done Rovers, Bad luck and better next time UCD. Anyway, so if a 2.1 (2nd Class Honours, Grade 1) requires 3.08 and above (to 3.67), and B- is equivalent to 3.2, then would getting B- or even (dizzy heights!) B for all my modules really be enough to get a 2.1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Well done Rovers, Bad luck and better next time UCD. Anyway, so if a 2.1 (2nd Class Honours, Grade 1) requires 3.08 and above (to 3.67), and B- is equivalent to 3.2, then would getting B- or even (dizzy heights!) B for all my modules really be enough to get a 2.1?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

You answered your own question there really. GPA of 3.2 is a 2H1. You won't get a 1H1 though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LaPresidente

Shocking! Thanks for the answers, guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

It's worth noting that a B is quite a bit harder to achieve in college than secondary school though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

L wrote: »
    It's worth noting that a B is quite a bit harder to achieve in college than secondary school though.

A B is only 63.33% in UCD, you'd have to get 80% in secondary school for a B2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

60-70 in UCD
    70-85 in Secondary

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

._. wrote: »
    A B is only 63.33% in UCD, you'd have to get 80% in secondary school for a B2..

You're comparing chalk and cheese. Take a look at the grading guide and you'll see what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LaPresidente

Great stuff. It takes the pressure off a little to know we can get an 'honours' degree even if we're not on the A-Team. Thanks for posting the staff grading guide weebushy - it's interesting to get a different perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Great stuff. It takes the pressure off a little to know we can get an 'honours' degree even if we're not on the A-Team. Thanks for posting the staff grading guide weebushy - it's interesting to get a different perspective.

No prob. There's lots of useful information available about all aspects of UCD with a little bit of googling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If you want to make comparisons to secondary school, you're going to get quite a shock when you realise how much work a B takes in comparison, even though it's only 60%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I keep reading Bs as BS

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

I'm on exchange in the States at the moment where a pass is 60%. My GPA at home is in and around the 3.3 mark and I'm really struggling to get up to that 60% here, really looking forward to a return to UCD academics, it's far easier to get that B in UCD (in my course anyway!).

Advertisement