Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling out mod.. Clareman

• 25-10-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Why did you lock that Shannon thread?

Are we not allowed talk about there unless we say good things about it?

You say your sick of people talking about council estates but LOL there isnt much else there..

What gives on this website that the mods just ban and lock threads at their whim..

Is it not a forum at the end of the day where people chat, so what if you don't like whats being said..

Your here to referee in case people get abusive, not to be opening and closing threads because your sick of reading them..

Rant over..

Bring on the ban, for speaking my mind

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The thread had been going on since February, I think we got all we could out of it. Turned out people had differing opinions. Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

MarkR wrote: »
    The thread had been going on since February, I think we got all we could out of it. Turned out people had differing opinions. Go figure.

the last page and a half was in the last ten days or so..

Lol it not like this place is high traffic now is it?

edit..just realised you are from Shannon lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh wow, someone calling me out on the internet, what will I do..............

I thought I was being very clear about why I closed the thread, but seeing as you think there isn't much more to Shannon that council estates, how about 1 of the best GAA clubs in the country who's Feile teams in the 80s have been used as a template of how to run a club up and down the country. How about 1 of the best airports in the world. How about the setup of the first duty free zone in the world? How about 1 of the most under-rated golf courses in the country?

The thread descended into a debate that was completely off topic so I locked it.

In regards to the locking/banning on a "whim", if you have an issue with the modding of the forum feel free to follow the standard procedures for airing your issues.

Finally, I don't see myself as a referee, I see myself as another user with a few extra buttons who wants to try to keep boards.ie an excellent on-line discussion forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I KNOW i was not the only one who heard this when reading the thread title :D

Get your poncho Clareman!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

GAAman wrote: »
    I KNOW i was not the only one who heard this when reading the thread title :D

[link]1hYV-JSjpyU[/link]

Get your poncho Clareman!

If you knew me in the real world you'd know this is more my style :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Clareman wrote: »

I thought I was being very clear about why I closed the thread, but seeing as you think there isn't much more to Shannon that council estates, how about 1 of the best GAA clubs in the country who's Feile teams in the 80s have been used as a template of how to run a club up and down the country. How about 1 of the best airports in the world. How about the setup of the first duty free zone in the world? How about 1 of the most under-rated golf courses in the country?

The thread descended into a debate that was completely off topic so I locked it.

In regards to the locking/banning on a "whim", if you have an issue with the modding of the forum feel free to follow the standard procedures for airing your issues.

Finally, I don't see myself as a referee, I see myself as another user with a few extra buttons who wants to try to keep boards.ie an excellent on-line discussion forum.

LOL at every reason you gave about Shannon

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol-12924.jpg

Ok link me to where I can raise my issue's..

And ya I'm mad because I wanted to read that lady's reply.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ladies and gentlemen, the Clare Forum charter:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056236830

A mod does something you don't agree with? Follow these simple steps:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71652689&postcount=4

In all other cases:

Please-dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

top madra wrote: »

Ok link me to where I can raise my issue's..

All instructions are outlined in the charter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056236830

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

If you knew me in the real world you'd know this is more my style :D

blazing saddles

I like yer style :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So are we only able to discuss Shannon in a positive light? Sorry but you dont live there so thats bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

top madra wrote: »
    Why did you lock that Shannon thread?

Are we not allowed talk about there unless we say good things about it?

You say your sick of people talking about council estates but LOL there isnt much else there..

What gives on this website that the mods just ban and lock threads at their whim..

Is it not a forum at the end of the day where people chat, so what if you don't like whats being said..

Your here to referee in case people get abusive, not to be opening and closing threads because your sick of reading them..

Rant over..

Bring on the ban, for speaking my mind

Yes, that's what the Moderator clearly states that he wants. Virtues of Shannon only to be discussed.

Nice runway.

Where did I say we are only to discuss Shannon in a positive light? My reason for locking the other thread was well stated I don't want to go over it again.

I am being very lenient at the moment, some of the posts on this thread would have led to a ban in a lot of other forums on here, looking back on Top_Madra's post above I am issuing a ban for it. I also don't see much reason for leaving a thread open that is a blatant breach of the boards.ie rules (questioning mods via a topic) so I am going to lock it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement