Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recognition of Prior Learning

Options
  • 25-10-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Does anybody know the details of what is involved in putting together a portfolio for trying to get your qualification upgraded from Level 7 to Level 8 as part of the 'Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)’ whereby one can be awarded a full award based on the production of a portfolio of experience etc.

I have been looking on HETAC site – www.hetac.ie but cant really find any clear documentation that outlines what the process is

Have mailed them too but no reply so far

Anyone been through this process and knows the specifics of whats involved or knows of a good document that explains it step by step

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would imagine it is specific to the institution itself, not necessarily HETAC.

Your best bet would be to speak to a lecturer/head of school of the appropriate school in the college/university. It would fall under their regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks for the reply

I dont think it institution specific. From speaking with NQAI my understanding is that its a general think and not institution specific

Anyone else know anything about this please ?

Thanks

Advertisement