Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tractor sold/stolen

• 25-10-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2653532

Looking through the site today came across this ad, you would wonder how the tractor was sold without the owners consent in the first place, and has the original owner any case against the dealer, he surely has.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I would think there's a lot more to this case than meets the eye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

i would be of the opinion this will end up messy to say the least

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Wonder who has title to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

are the front tyres backwards on it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Maybe sold to recover repair costs??
    I doubt it's as simple as the dealer had tractor in for a service and decided to sell it for a quick buck ! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

According to the ad, it belonged to Tony Gray. They are Truck body, truck trailer and tractor trailer builders just outside Enfield. If they know that the tractor was taxed in Meath then they should surely be able to trace it to the person who taxed it. Definitely smells like a bit of a mess.

Yes the front tyres are backwards - often done with a tractor that might have a rear loader (or that uses a transport box a lot) to improve grip when reversing into something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

It's the guy who bought it that i feel sorry for - i wonder where he will stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

does sound a bit like some one took it to cover debts....

Tipp Man wrote: »

unless he has clear title to it, he's fcuked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

it could be that the original owner is a genuine victim here, in which case I hope he gets his tractor back.. but sold without owners consent could mean a number of things - maybe one co director sold it without others consent, or maybe it was repossessed (maybe unlikely given age) and sold onto dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

ellewood wrote: »
    are the front tyres backwards on it ??
    yeh, the front tyres are often turned backwards on tractors that are doing a lot of road work as the tyres wont wear as much

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Maybe it was his revengeful wife!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Having a valid tax disc would be a very small issue on the bigger scale of things, so why would one draw unwanted attention by taxing it, and if so how was it taxed without the tax book, or how did one come to have t/b in the first place,
    Smells of trout:o

Plenty of interest in the add on donedeal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Tipp Man wrote: »

OUTSTANDING IN HIS FIELD I GUESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 az101

Ok, so you leave your tractor in for some work... the dealer sells it....
    Do you contact the Gardai or put an Ad on the web...??? Get real folks..It not like the lad didn`t know where the tractor was and where to send the Gardai to.....

There is a certian lenght of time after which your property can be sold to clear an outstanding debt if in the debtors possession (I dont know the process but there is one...)

Looks like Sour Grapes and a real Cheap shot me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Another suspicious first post ...;)

az101 wrote: »
    There is a certian lenght of time after which your property can be sold to clear an outstanding debt if in the debtors possession (I dont know the process but there is one...)

I'd like to see you back this up, or is it barstool bolloxology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

pakalasa wrote: »
    Another suspicious first post ...;)
    my thoughts exactly:)

Advertisement