Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harvey normans order timeframe

Options
  • 25-10-2011 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I ordered a sofa and paid(in full) for it on the 15 aug for my mam (was an early xmas present) was told wed have it delivered to her WITHIN 3WEEKS and 10 weeks later were still waiting now like weve rang and they saying itll be there in 2weeks im at my witts end and feel like asking for a back charge from my bank. :(:confused: its not great customer care like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I don't know what HN terms and conditions are but you'll probably find them printed on the back of your invoice. Read those and you'll likely find that the 3 week delivery period is an aspiration and is not guaranteed. It might also state that you can cancel if delivery exceeds a specified period. So long as they are within those terms (and a shorter period is not stated on your receipt) you'll just have to wait or be very persuading. A charge-back is unlikely to be entertained if the sales contract is intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MagicMoose

It took Harvey Norman 3 months to deliver our bed and side lockers after we ordered them. They said it had to come from China and the first shipment didn't contain the order so we had to wait for the next one. I think we got €100 off the price as compensation. We slept on a mattress on the floor the whole time. My bigger fear than the wait (I didn't mind the mattress on the floor) was what would happen to our money / order if Harvey Norman had gone bust as so many other stores had done.

Advertisement