Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DynDns

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What are you using DynDns for ?
    Are you trying to connect to a machine on your netwrok remotly?
    For port forwarting to work on the Netopia you have to set the Firewall to low.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Something like that ,want to access my webserver I have running on my own PC

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Forward the port to that machine and set firewall to low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

use teamviewer, set it up for remote logon.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Forward the port to that machine and set firewall to low.

did that this moring before left restarted the modem.

still not working

might just takes the firewall off modem alltogether , as i use Linux so i can block ports manulay

• Advertisement

Are you going direct to the webserver? Forwarding port 80?
    When you enable that service is your machines IP showing up in the drop down list.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you going direct to the webserver? Forwarding port 80?
    When you enable that service is your machines IP showing up in the drop down list.?

Yep II and host name

Should work with firewall on low. Are you allowing time for your router to treegister with dyndns after you restart it. Every time your router restarts your IP is changing.

No fire wall is the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

mach1982 wrote: »
    No fire wall is the answer

That's just plain silly advice. One should *never* cruise the internet without a firewall

• Advertisement

It's the firewall on the router that disabled , I have firewalls on the computers, also I use Linux so I can manual closed ports .

Advertisement