Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgiweb...I mean digiweb

Options
  • 25-10-2011 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

Having major issue's with them. I live abroad and pay for my mam's service, she lives alone. I was back in June and signed up. Since then I we have had no service...Zero! I have gotten advice from comreg to keep paying....€120 out of pocket. Their customer service is awful, they are disinterested and don't listen to what I am saying. I have sent emails with even worse results.

Our (no) service is through the eircom line, phone and broadband. They have repeatedly said we have had full service...we don't. An issue was found outside the house after one and a half months and this was "fixed". However we still have no service and to get someone to call out from them and to check inside the house is €100. I've had friends out and they have said it's a line issue that they/eircom can only resolve.

I'm being shafted here and am really frustrated as I am abroad. No one seems to be able to help and comreg haven't done much. I'm being robbed here and want to get out of the contract. My mother is unable to skype me and as I said she is on her own so has to rely on her mobile.

Digiweb are truly an awful company, I fully recommend no one ever uses them, they are awful at what they do and are taking advantage of people.

If anyone can offer advice on this to me I would appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Raise the issue with ComReg. They're fairly useless, but if there's a small chance they can help with Digiweb it can't hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Aboard

No luck with them unfortunately. I don't understand how companies can operate like this and get away with it, it's disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Im having the same problems.... They are rubbish... How companies are able to charge early cancellation fee for bad service in this day and age is beyond me...

Months of no services, all the charges and to cancel or get them to check, I'm being told there will be fees like you've said....it's a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Small Claims Court maybe? It's cheap (e25) and will definitely force them to do something

• Advertisement

I live abroad so I don't know how feasible that is, back in December though, does it take long? Anyone have any experience going that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stephen hall

Although the technology (non-Irish) for TooWay is quite good, Digiweb's management is a mess -- seemingly unable to act intelligently in the interests of customer once contracts are secured.
    Even the sales department is so inept that many customers must be lost at that point. It is not 7 day a week technically supported outfit and 'talking things through' seems to be a substitute for technical support.
    By UK and EU standards using identical technology my experience of Digiweb to date is that it is a self-important, inefficient and deeply uncaring company. Perhaps COMREG and old fashioned competition can replace them. As they stand. the personnel of Digiweb might be nice people to their friends but are pretty lousy to customers.
    Dr S Hall

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Welcome to boards.ie Dr Hall, but please don't go digging up old threads like this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Under contract law, if a contract is not fulfilled you can cancel it. I'm not a lawyer though.

Does the phone line have a dial tone? Have you tried using a different modem?

Advertisement