Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternative to dublin city council bins??

Options
  • 25-10-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

hi, does anyone know of another company collecting bins in the dublin city and surrounding areas cheaper than DCC?? i know there is a bit more choice outside dublin. paying approximatly 10euro a bin (lift and standing charges per quarter), is too much now for me. thank god the green recycle bin is still free :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try access waste. they collect the bins in arklow but are based in walkinstown and collect from my missus' road in terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Andrew Campbell

These are the prices i worked out for my estimated usage for each different service providers I found offering their services in Dublin:

city bins.............per lift rate............. €138.00
    thorntons...........240ltr bin.................€146.00
    access...............pay by lift 240ltr...... €152.50
    greyhound..........140ltr bin................ €162.00
    greyhound...........240ltr bin................ €170.00
    access................pay by lift 140ltr...... €172.50
    access................Budget................... €195.00
    city bins..............fixed fee..................€199.00
    ozo.....................Band A 140ltr x 26....€248.00
    city bins............. per kg.....................€286.00
    access................standard.................€295.00
    panda.................DL/R.......................€304.00
    ozo....................Band B 240ltr x 26..... €306.50

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I signed up to Thorntons and they are pay per lift,€50 annual service charge,this also includes the bins, then around 7.50 per lift for the black,4.20 for the brown and the green free. Your amount listed for them is a good deal under what I calculate you would pay for the black bin alone if you get it emptied every two weeks, €187 per year if collected 25 times a year,there is only two of us in the house so every three weeks to a month is enough for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Andrew Campbell

Dubtom, I based my figures on 10 lifts of the grey bin and 5 lifts of the brown bin but here is the breakdown for the senario's you suggest

Only Grey Bin
    25 lifts per year
    thorntons.....€237.50
    cheapest:
    citybins(per lift deal)......€223

15 lifts per year (ie every 3.5 weeks)
    thorntons......€162.50
    cheapest:
    citybins(per lift deal)......€153

The only snag with Citybin is they only service Dublin 15, 16, 24 and lucan. As I live in D6 my only choice (according to their own websites) are Ozo, Greyhound and access

Advertisement