Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra tuition in Kells

Options
  • 25-10-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have enquired at my sons school regarding extra tuition and they don't provide anything like this nor know of anyone available that does this, I have searched the local phone book and there is nothing, I wonder does anyone know if there are tutors in Kells that do extra tuition, if so could you please let me know either in reply or via PM.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

What subjects? A friend of mine does it in the Kells area. Not sure exactly what he covers but I can ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Momof2

kc66 wrote: »
    What subjects? A friend of mine does it in the Kells area. Not sure exactly what he covers but I can ask him.

Thank you for your reply.

My son is struggling with writing/spellings and his reading is not great either.

He goes to Speech & Language, done through the HSE, but tbh this is not covering either of these. He has been assessed twice and memory difficulties showed and plurals and past and present tense.

Personally I feel at 9 years of age I think he should be well able to read and write by now ?

I am worried tbh, I just don't know what to do, I try to do work with him myself but there is only so long he will sit and listen to me, with a stranger, and doing one to one he seems to pay attention for longer.

If your friend deals in this area I would be very interested in finding out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Momof2 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.

My son is struggling with writing/spellings and his reading is not great either.

He goes to Speech & Language, done through the HSE, but tbh this is not covering either of these. He has been assessed twice and memory difficulties showed and plurals and past and present tense.

Personally I feel at 9 years of age I think he should be well able to read and write by now ?

I am worried tbh, I just don't know what to do, I try to do work with him myself but there is only so long he will sit and listen to me, with a stranger, and doing one to one he seems to pay attention for longer.

If your friend deals in this area I would be very interested in finding out more.

pm sent

Advertisement