Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken jamma boards

• 26-10-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a few eproms to fix a few boards I have lying around.
    Would anyone have any old useless boards, or worthless boards they'd wish to part with?
    Can do a swapsy for some games maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Chinaroms on eBay, send them the files and they will progra
    Them also. Would work out cheaper in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've an eprom burner and eraser there, I'd prefer do them myself.
    Ah I've ordered a load of eproms on ebay, just didn't fancy waiting on them to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've an eprom burner and eraser there, I'd prefer do them myself.
    Ah I've ordered a load of eproms on ebay, just didn't fancy waiting on them to arrive.

Do you offer CP2 phoenixing etc? I know Razoola sells on the images for those who offer the service,, throw a bit on & could make yourself a few quid out of it while still being cheaper for locals not having to post etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Do you offer CP2 phoenixing etc? I know Razoola sells on the images for those who offer the service,, throw a bit on & could make yourself a few quid out of it while still being cheaper for locals not having to post etc :)

Damn straight.

I've 20 CPS-2 boards incoming that could do with some phoenixing.

Would be nice not to have to ship them off to other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've the phoenix images there already so it shouldn't be difficult.
    Id love to try an already suicide board, but I'd be confident to do it I think.
    Bring it on :)

• Advertisement

I've the phoenix images there already so it shouldn't be difficult.
    Id love to try an already suicide board, but I'd be confident to do it I think.
    Bring it on :)

There you go folks, another great idea from the people who brought you beeeer milkshakes!

Steve SI wrote: »
    Damn straight.

I've 20 CPS-2 boards incoming that could do with some phoenixing.

Would be nice not to have to ship them off to other countries.

You know you have to remove the eeproms & send them only? They're all socketed though so its really handy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think Ondafly posted a video a while back of him removing the eeproms from a CPS2 board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    You know you have to remove the eeproms & send them only? They're all socketed though so its really handy :)

Ah, that makes it easier and I've removed and added eeproms to other stuff before so shouldnt be a problem.
    I even have that little eeprom/chip removal tool :)

Advertisement