Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Face Or Mine....

Options
  • 26-10-2011 12:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find this show kind of disturbing and lousy?

Nobody really knows how attractive they are to others, isn't it better to just leave sleeping dogs lie and allow people to draw their own conclusions?

It shouldn't matter how you look. The jokes are blindingly obvious and the same every episode, not funny at all. They also denigrate people who don't look as good.

Also there isn't any out of 10 scale, it's just a binary decision. So if everyone thinks one person is just a little hotter than another (eg. if they looked very similar but one just looked a little better), then they would get almost all of the vote.

I don't believe it's "just a bit of fun", I think it's incredibly superficial and harsh on some people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They know what they are signing up to though so should be willing to take the good with the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Is this show not about 10 years old? Is it back on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Yeah, this show was on years ago. Quite cringeful. But I always got some satisfaction out of it when some munter of a girl or boy who had spent years putting their other half down, cocksure they were the ones with the looks in the relationship, only to see the audience think differently.

Advertisement