Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krav Maga and, Does age matter

Options
  • 26-10-2011 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, i'm 45 and i have been interested i taking Krav Maga lessons for a while now but i have always thought my age would be a problem.
    Its not that i'm over weight or unfit,i don't drink or smoke,gave that all up a number of years ago and i try and keep in shape with body weight exercises at home and a bit of cardio,I took shotokan lessons when i was in my late teens and early twenties so that frame of mind never dies :)
    But as i said it's my age,would i look foolish in a class surrounded by youngsters?
    I would appreciate any feed back on this .. thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

All that matters in Krav Maga is that you have money and plenty of it

your age wont be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

All that matters in Krav Maga is that you have money and plenty of it

I don't do Krav Maga but I have a friend who does and to be honest thats an unfair assessment. On paper it seems more expensive but its no more expensive than doing any other MA as it works out about €10 per class which is the drop in rate for a lot of other MA clubs, you just need to sign up to courses rather than pay as you go.

Personally its not for me and any fix-all MA that will teach you to be a lethal weapon over the course of a weekend seem quite far fetched... but each to their own, my mate swears by it so if he is happy, then thats great for him... I'm happy doing Judo/MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

Sorry, i was not basing my view on drop in charges

i was basing it on there short courses at extortionate rates

The drop in rates you say are fair.

Advertisement