Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I apply for the dole?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is it possible for me to apply to the dole?
    I need to know as I'm likely to be cut off after Christmas.

I'm 20 but I've never worked officially, I have worked for the past two years in a charity organisation though, but it's completely non-profit.

I went into Dublin business school when I finished the LC, but had to drop out after a short time, and now I'm studying with the open university.

I've moved out of my family house just after I turned 19 and have been supported by my boyfriend's dole money and some money my mother sends to my sister who then gives it on to me (so it never goes through my bank account).

I haven't applied for and jobs yet as I need time to study but given that I have little to no credentials it could be a while before I find one anyway.

Is it possible for me to sign on to the dole? If not is there anything I can do to make it possible?

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement