Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings Results For Friday 28/10/11

Options
  • 26-10-2011 5:51am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭

WWE taped Friday's episode of WWE Smackdown on SyFy tonight from Houston, Texas. Credit to Rajahwwf for these results:
    Dark Match:
    * Drew McIntyre beat Johnny Curtis in a squash.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:
    * Teddy Long opens the show and talks about the fate of the World Heavyweight Title. Christian's music hits and he tells Long he wants a title shot. Out comes RAW superstar CM Punk - and Teddy Long books Christian vs. CM Punk for later in the evening.

* Awesome Truth (Miz-Truth) defeated Air Boom (Kingston-Bourne) in a quick non-title match when Truth pinned Kofi. After the match, Truth and Miz cut a promo and joked that The Rock may take out John Cena before they can.

* Backstage, Daniel Bryan is shown with Tyson Kidd and Santino Marella. Santino questions them which man is better - and proposes Bryan vs. Kidd. The match is set for later tonight.

* Wade Barrett beat Trent Baretta in another quick match.

* Randy Orton beat Dolph Ziggler in another non-title match. This will probably end up being match of the night. Orton won with the RKO. After the match, Orton had a staredown with Cody Rhodes, who did commentary for the match.

* Backstage interview with Matt Striker and the fake Sin Cara. He has a new look and is out to get the original Sin Cara.

* Daniel Bryan defeated Tyson Kidd in less than five minutes with the LaBell Lock. I’m pretty sure Bryan came out to a new theme song as well.

* Michael Cole got our attention and ripped on Jim Ross some more, showing the fake photos from RAW again. Cole says JR has accepted his challenge and The Michael Cole Challenge is on for Monday.

* Big Show comes out to talk about Vengeance and the match against Mark Henry. Show says he has a rematch coming and out comes Henry. Henry said he’s moving on from Show but they had a staredown to end the segment.

* CM Punk defeated Christian in the main event that saw interference from Ricardo Rodriguez, Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus. Sheamus distracted Christian, allowing Punk to hit the GTS for the win.

So by the looks of it they're building toward a Sheamus, Orton, Air-Boom and possibly Bryan vs. Rhodes, Christian, Ziggler, Swagger and Barrett. That would make a good 5v5 imo.

Good to see Bryan actually win a match on tv!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

My boy Wade's on a run now:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Di....Di....Did Daniel Bryan get a win? On television?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see a proper decent feud between Christian and Punk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finally Bryan gets a win, even if it is against Kidd.

Getting very tired of the Cole ripping on JR bit. Cole v Lawler wasn't good, either is this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Denny M wrote: »
    Getting very tired of the Cole .

Fixed it for ya:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bryan finally wins a match,Wade's streak continues,plus we get Orton v Ziggler and Punk v Christian.Sounds like an excellent SmackDown!

I'm surprised and dissappointed The Rock is going to be wrestling in a 2 v 2 match at Survivor Series.Would've been a great rub for the likes of Sheamus and Air Boom to share screen time with himself in a 5 on 5 elimination match instead imo.

Rock,Cena,AirBoom,Sheamus vs Miz,Truth,Christian,Ziggler,Swagger would've been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Bryan finally wins a match,Wade's streak continues,plus we get Orton v Ziggler and Punk v Christian.Sounds like an excellent SmackDown!

I'm surprised and dissappointed The Rock is going to be wrestling in a 2 v 2 match at Survivor Series.Would've been a great rub for the likes of Sheamus and Air Boom to share screen time with himself in a 5 on 5 elimination match instead imo.

Rock,Cena,AirBoom,Sheamus vs Miz,Truth,Christian,Ziggler,Swagger would've been good.

I disagree with this. Rock and Cena will be the focus of this match. Any one else on their team would be after-thoughts in the background. Sheamus is far better served being the star in his own match rather than being a set-up guy for Rock/Cena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wrestling Observer on plans of a traditional Survivor Series elimination match(es) now Rock & Cena arent involved in one.
    A traditional Survivor Series elimination match that at least at one point last week being considered is Sheamus & Randy Orton & Kane & Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara Azul vs. Christian & Cody Rhodes & Wade Barrett & Sin Cara Negro & Brodus Clay, but the idea that will end up with no changes is almost unfathomable. They had also linked up Christian & David Otunga & Rhodes & Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler as a group a few weeks ago, with natural foes being Kofi Kingston & Even Bourne & Zack Ryder & Mason Ryan among others, but them as a group seemed like it had been dropped the past two weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I enjoyed Smackdown.

Plenty of interesting match ups and storyline continuation.

CM Punk v Christian with Del Rio and Sheamus involved.

Ziggler v Orton with Cody on commentary.

Air Boom v Miz and Truth.

Enjoyed each one individually but the man event and the opening were the best parts of Smackdown.

I really don't care for Big how taking on Henry.

Hopefully Daniel Bryan and Barrett getting wins plus the introduction of Hunico http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/hunico actually go soemwhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Ridley

I was expecting at least Rock/Cena/Punk/HHH vs Nash/Del Rio/Miz/Truth myself. Hopefully the build to the match will at least be interesting. Cena being forced to co-exist with rivals ain't exactly new. I guess even having Rock turn up 'tomorrow' night and say no (for a while) would be a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I see DB is going for the Eric Young look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Ridley wrote: »
    I was expecting at least Rock/Cena/Punk/HHH vs Nash/Del Rio/Miz/Truth myself.

But surely that would have created an unfair advantage - 4 against 5, even if it is against Super Cena :D

Advertisement