Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless Alarm System Reccomendations

Options
  • 26-10-2011 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I recently have done up my house and got it rewired. While in the process Eircom called to house witha wireless alarm promotion and i was going to run with it.But they never called back so now I have house wired and no 1st fixing for alarm. I have contacted eircom and they have quoted a huge amount for Wireless alarm. Any reccomendations of good alarm company to install a wireless alarm and i dont want to go monitored......

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are some installers listed in the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Also take a look at this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056242435
    It will give you links to the PSA register of all licensed installers.
    Always get at least 3 quotes. Ensure you compare like with like . Insist on a visual survey so there will be no surprises later. Ask for everything in a written quote.
    If your looking for a fully wireless system I would recommend Visonic.
    For a hybrid system Siemens 4000 range or HKCs Securewave.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mightymouse11

thank you for your reply just wondering for a 3 bed house would you have a Guestimate of a price that it would cost as Eircom were about 1400 which i taught was huge money prob cheaper buying a huge dog

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With 10 zone devices around €800-€900.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I recently have done up my house and got it rewired. While in the process Eircom called to house witha wireless alarm promotion and i was going to run with it.But they never called back so now I have house wired and no 1st fixing for alarm. I have contacted eircom and they have quoted a huge amount for Wireless alarm. Any reccomendations of good alarm company to install a wireless alarm and i dont want to go monitored......

cheers

I would go for the HKC Quantum, it can take up to 70 two way wire free devices which is more than you will ever need. Cost wise anything from €930 up. There are cheaper systems on the market but this is well above them. It can be self monitored by you on your land line if you have one installed, so no monitoring fee per year.

Advertisement