Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maintenance and SW

Options
  • 26-10-2011 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

My child's Mum only took cash as maintenance. 18 months ago I started lodging to a separate bank account and gave her a card to access it. She recently started spending it.

I am out of work, I have a means test with SW next week for JA. They require all bank details and will ask whether I pay maintenance.

This will be the first time in 12 years I have ever been asked about maintenance.

What could happen if i do or don't admit it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Well, you have to tell them you pay maintenance. I don't know why you wouldn't want to tell them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

jjp123 wrote: »
    My child's Mum only took cash as maintenance. 18 months ago I started lodging to a separate bank account and gave her a card to access it. She recently started spending it.

I am out of work, I have a means test with SW next week for JA. They require all bank details and will ask whether I pay maintenance.

This will be the first time in 12 years I have ever been asked about maintenance.

What could happen if i do or don't admit it?

Its actually in your best interest to tell them what you pay as far as I know you would be entitled to a little bit more from SW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I have no clue why you wouldn't want to declare to SW that you pay maintenance:confused:

I could be wrong but is it because your childs mum is also on SW, and her payment might be affected if you declare this to SW? I really can't see why you wouldn't want to advise SW that you pay maintenance, as you may be entitled to more SW if you do.
    :confused:

Advertisement