Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Solo to Oz

Options
  • 26-10-2011 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just thought be an idea, that if there were guys out there heading over on their own maybe could do a boards meet up, and go around the same time.
    I know that is the case for myself anyway, and wouldn't mind linking with anyone before the flight. Long enough!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

SC wrote: »
    Just thought be an idea, that if there were guys out there heading over on their own maybe could do a boards meet up, and go around the same time.
    I know that is the case for myself anyway, and wouldn't mind linking with anyone before the flight. Long enough!

You cant handle approximately 30 hours on your own? :rolleyes:

Get a good book and you'll be sorted. I recommend Marching Powder by Rusty Young. It's an absolute page turner. You wont notice the hours going by when you are engrossed in the life of Thomas McFadden inside the corrupt and weird San Pedro Prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Go on your own, you might end up stuck with some weirdo/perv. not saying boardies are like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

SC wrote: »

Chances are you'll meet fellow Irish on the flight either way! So I wouldn't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Im heading over the 1st week in december on my own to sydney if thats any good

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ajncam

04072511 wrote: »

Get a good book and you'll be sorted. I recommend Marching Powder by Rusty Young. It's an absolute page turner. You wont notice the hours going by when you are engrossed in the life of Thomas McFadden inside the corrupt and weird San Pedro Prison.

Meh, gets boring and finish is an anti climax, read 'Fidel Castro - My Life' by Ignacio Ramonet, that'l keep ya interested!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jonhsmith3

Im 13 and I watched Over the rainbow where they were looking for a dorothy. I would really love to be a munchkin in it or a flying monkey so i have a few questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

ajncam wrote: »
    Meh, gets boring and finish is an anti climax, read 'Fidel Castro - My Life' by Ignacio Ramonet, that'l keep ya interested!

Dot say too much. I havent finised the book yet. Am enjoying it immensely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ajncam

04072511 wrote: »
    Dot say too much. I havent finised the book yet. Am enjoying it immensely though.

Try some Howard Marks books next, same kinda theme, just far better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Lads FFS, it can be scary to come to a place 24hrs away on your own, esp if you don't know anyone. Why not ask for a meet up? They do it in Melbourne a fair bit (boards beers), why can't he ask this without stupid comments like "read a book" etc

Serious replies from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

I'm heading solo in May, when were you thinking of going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 whosyour_daddy

Heading out on my own around mid January after the visa gets processed. What part are you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

heading to sydney myself, if anyone is heading over there solo a meet up would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hydro 69.

hussey wrote: »
    Mod Lads FFS, it can be scary to come to a place 24hrs away on your own, esp if you don't know anyone. Why not ask for a meet up? They do it in Melbourne a fair bit (boards beers), why can't he ask this without stupid comments like "read a book" etc

Serious replies from now on.

Hussey is right show a small bit of kindness and consideration. I hope to be heading to Perth this side of Christmas if thats any good to you your welcome to get in touch. Looked at seven films and was in and out of two books the last time and still almost had a breakdown. The flight is nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Brisbane is march if anyone is heading over then!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Could be an idea for a sticky...or at least a new thread where people could post stating when they are heading out - time, date etc?

Then people could PM each other to arrange meeting up at the airport.

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Flying to Perth in late January/Early Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 38 whosyour_daddy

Will be either Perth or Brisbane for me. Can't decide!

Advertisement