Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea - want anything?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 9:51am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'll be giong to Ikea in a few weeks' time if anyone wants anything smallish picked up?

Drop me a PM.

Of course we wouldn't turn down a few bob towards petrol and tolls if it were offered either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Very kind of you to ask. I might be heading up myself soon but if not maybe some bags of sweets would be nice. I'll give it a think and then PM (will give something towards petrol).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

get me a hotdog on the way out please..........lol

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

biko wrote: »
    Very kind of you to ask. I might be heading up myself soon but if not maybe some bags of sweets would be nice. I'll give it a think and then PM (will give something towards petrol).

I'll buy you meatballs if you take me with you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anna, I'm thinking maybe December when the Christmas food should be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

biko wrote: »
    Anna, I'm thinking maybe December when the Christmas food should be available?

Perfect! I'll have my shopping list ready :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Do you know about somebody with a van doing in regularly for not too crazy money? I need few big things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've never been in Ikea. Is it that good?
    Must take a trip up there myself sometime after Xmas:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

amiable wrote: »
    I've never been in Ikea. Is it that good?
    Must take a trip up there myself sometime after Xmas:)

-have a look at website , IMO its really good if you compare the prices to what you can find in any average furniture shop here .
    Sure they are not top quality, but I have desk, chair and used to have table and even bed when I was younger -all good (and look good too)

softmee wrote: »
    -have a look at website , IMO its really good if you compare the prices to what you can find in any average furniture shop here .
    Sure they are not top quality, but I have desk, chair and used to have table and even bed when I was younger -all good (and look good too)
    Just looking at it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If there are any cheap Swedish blonde lassies going, could you pick one up for me? Ta.

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »
    If there are any cheap Swedish blonde lassies going, could you pick one up for me? Ta.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtg3mxEqI6qF8wmMar6P3ts1wZCtnIm7eJ-x3ICiL38TqugIyp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Ficheall wrote: »

Tightass

Maybe that's what you're after though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Thanks for the offer.
    Would you be able to get me:
    One of these in black please?

I can give you the money beforehand if you want. I just want to try one out, if I like it I'll get 20+ myself in the new year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for the offer.
    Would you be able to get me:
    One of these in black please?

I can give you the money beforehand if you want. I just want to try one out, if I like it I'll get 20+ myself in the new year.

No probs, will be going in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

Hey

If you could manage one of these http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S39888837/ it would be great.

I'd sort you out before hand and make a petrol donation :)

Not that small I know!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hey

If you could manage one of these http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S39888837/ it would be great.

I'd sort you out before hand and make a petrol donation :)

Not that small I know!

I'll have to see if we have room for the 130cm length, it's just a hatchback we have. I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Just wondering ... Anyone going to Ikea soon? I'd like to get a couple of small rugs from there ... Would throw in a few quid to participate to transport costs.
    Thanks.
    Valerie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Surely the local businness could do with your custom rather than giving it to a Sweedish crowd based up in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Surely if the local businesses provided a comparable level of product for a comparable level of price they would get the business

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Surely if the local businesses provided a comparable level of product for a comparable level of price they would get the business

Yeah - If I were willing to spend 3 times the amount, I'd get them in Galway - fact :D

V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'll be giong to Ikea in a few weeks' time if anyone wants anything smallish picked up?

Drop me a PM.

Of course we wouldn't turn down a few bob towards petrol and tolls if it were offered either.

IKEA will deliver to Galway for 100 Euro.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Surely the local businness could do with your custom rather than giving it to a Sweedish crowd based up in Dublin?

sure we should boycott M and S, Tesco, lidl, aldi.
    I for one operate on a limited budget.if N17 can give me the goods at the right price fair enough, but otherwise I will go for where the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ValerieR wrote: »
    Just wondering ... Anyone going to Ikea soon? I'd like to get a couple of small rugs from there ... Would throw in a few quid to participate to transport costs.
    Thanks.
    Valerie
    Fuinseog wrote: »
    IKEA will deliver to Galway for 100 Euro.

Really ? Is there a minimum spend ?

A few people here could get together and order then. Bwtween 10, even 5, that would be a steal!

Really ? Is there a minimum spend ?

A few people here could get together and order then. Bwtween 10, even 5, that would be a steal!

the last time I was there thats what the sign said.no minimum spend but obviously for 100 euro standard delivery charge its worth it to order in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'd be interests in some pic frames- €100 worth maybe.

Advertisement