Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DS5 Hybrid4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/citroen/citroen-ds5-hybrid-4/?

£33,000...do they really think people will pay that?

Its a gorgeous car, simply beautiful!

Its going to sell like hot cake in the UK, you obviously didn't read the article! My guess there will be a waiting list in the UK anyway!

"It offers 200bhp, four-wheel drive, 74mpg, and an official emissions figure of just 99g/km CO2"

This means free road tax in the uk and free london congestion charge!

Its a winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭coolbeans

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/citroen/citroen-ds5-hybrid-4/?

£33,000...do they really think people will pay that?

Its a gorgeous car, simply beautiful!

Its going to sell like hot cake in the UK, you obviously didn't read the article! My guess there will be a waiting list in the UK anyway!

"It offers 200bhp, four-wheel drive, 74mpg, and an official emissions figure of just 99g/km CO2"

This means free road tax in the uk and free london congestion charge!

Its a winner!
    It is a lovely thing although I suspect the pricing will preserve its exclusivity in Ireland.

coolbeans wrote: »
    It is a lovely thing although I suspect the pricing will preserve its exclusivity in Ireland.

Unfortunately out of the question here! Sadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

Bloody hell that's gorgeous.

200bhp, 4wd, luxury, space, massive mpg, gorgeous looks, €104 tax, low VRT. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
    I think I'll live with the poor ride quality.
    I'll be looking for one of these second hand in a couple of years.

Citroens residuals will still suffer so you'll be looking at a cracking piece of engineering art with the quirks ironed out by the previous owner.

What's not to like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya I love it just think the price would put a lot of people off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Only 200bhp, 99g of Co2 and a mere 74mpg? Pah!

I'll hold out for the V60 Plug in Hybrid I think:
    285bhp, 49g of Co2 and 149 mpg.

Just waiting on price...............

R.O.R wrote: »
    Only 200bhp, 99g of Co2 and a mere 74mpg? Pah!

I'll hold out for the V60 Plug in Hybrid I think:
    285bhp, 49g of Co2 and 149 mpg.

Just waiting on price...............

Egsqueeze me?

Egsqueeze me?

215bhp through the front wheels from the D5 engine, 70bhp through the rear wheels from the electric motor.

Can run up to 50km on an electric charge alone, then the diesel takes over.

215bhp through the front wheels from the D5 engine, 70bhp through the rear wheels from the electric motor.

Can run up to 50km on an electric charge alone, then the diesel takes over.

Really, wow those are impressive figures.

I'm booked in for atest drive weekend for the 200Bhp 508 diesel hybrid when it comes out in November, I presume thats the same drive train?

Do you have a link??

Really, wow those are impressive figures.

I'm booked in for atest drive weekend for the 200Bhp 508 diesel hybrid when it comes out in November, I presume thats the same drive train?

Do you have a link??

The 508 hybrid is the same vehicle under the skin as the DS5.

Link for the Volvo - http://www.gizmag.com/volvo-v60-plug-in-hybrid/20191/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

on the V60, when the electricity power runs out and when its running on diesel, will it charge the batteries or does that ONLY happen when you plug it in?

Is this different to the DS5 & 508 that the batteries charge in a similar way to the Prius when the diesel or petrol engine is running?

on the V60, when the electricity power runs out and when its running on diesel, will it charge the batteries or does that ONLY happen when you plug it in?

Is this different to the DS5 & 508 that the batteries charge in a similar way to the Prius when the diesel or petrol engine is running?

I'm afraid I don't know, but I think it would a serious oversight if power generated by braking or slowing down wasn't put back in to the battery.

The 508 hybrid is the same vehicle under the skin as the DS5.

Link for the Volvo - http://www.gizmag.com/volvo-v60-plug-in-hybrid/20191/

Will we be getting this car here, any confirmation on this yet. Would love to test this baby out!
    Would suit me down to the gorund, as I do less than 20km a day in town, when in town. And do 150km+ per day when out of town!

And I use my company van for the short journeys, saves my own car! :)

Will we be getting this car here, any confirmation on this yet. Would love to test this baby out!
    Would suit me down to the gorund, as I do less than 20km a day in town, when in town. And do 150km+ per day when out of town!

Will certainly be coming here, but god knows what price they'll put on it. Top Spec D5 Auto currently lists at €49,550. Don't know if they'll offer all specifications, but I reckon it will only come in top spec. Drops from 24% VRT (for diesel only) to 14% VRT so hopefully the price hike won't be too great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

On anything but short journeys, the Volvo is just a V60 diesel.

Anan1 wrote: »

True but were on about its big brother, the V60 Plug in Hybrid

As was stated earlier

"215bhp through the front wheels from the D5 engine, 70bhp through the rear wheels from the electric motor.

Can run up to 50km on an electric charge alone, then the diesel takes over."

Ideal really, tick all the boxes!

Anan1 wrote: »

But would it be such a bad thing to be left with "just" a 5 cylinder diesel, with up to 285bhp and 640nm of torque available? (still 215bhp with no elastictricky assistance) 0-100km in 6.2 seconds allegedly, which is quicker than a Golf GTi.

It's also getting one over on the tax man, and who doesn't love that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Will certainly be coming here, but god knows what price they'll put on it. Top Spec D5 Auto currently lists at €49,550. Don't know if they'll offer all specifications, but I reckon it will only come in top spec. Drops from 24% VRT (for diesel only) to 14% VRT so hopefully the price hike won't be too great.

Saw the first mention of pricing for the V60 plug in hybrid in an article in Saturday's newspaper here in Sweden.

It says that in top spec. it will cost just under 560,000SEK, by comparison the top spec. diesel V60 D5 215 AWD R-design Auto lists at 403,000SEK

Converting those to Euro at today's spot rate

560,000SEK = €62,050
    403,000SEK = €44,650

So you are looking at a premium of €17,400 for the plug in hybrid if the price in the article proves to be correct. Lord knows what the payback period on that is going to be!

There is no VRT here and being the home market Volvo charges premium prices here but depending on spec. levels I'd imagine that Irish price will translate to somewhere between €62K-€67K so I guess the V60 hybrid is going to be a rare sight.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

I think PSA should create a prestige sub brand, like Lexus, Alfa, Audi, etc...

No matter how good a car is, it's just not going to sell in sufficient numbers, with a Citroen badge, unless it's priced as people expect a Citroen to be.

Advertisement